Pregnant after 35

Getting Harmony test results tomorrow

Since I'm in my mid/late 30s, we opted to do the chromosome screening to find out the health of the Nugget.  It's so amazing.  They take my blood, separate my DNA from the baby's, and then screen for any genetic abnormalities.  Plus, they can do the test as early as 10 weeks, and it's completely non-invasive.  I'm scared... terrified, actually.  I don't know what will happen if results are abnormal, but our expectations will definitely change.  It's a new test, so I'm wondering if anyone else has done it, and what your experience was.  I've heard that it can provide a lot of false positives, but who knows.  If anyone has insight from their experience with the Harmony screening, please let me know.

For now, I'm praying a lot and thinking positively... added prayers and encouragement are always welcome!  :)  One thing that is really exciting is that we'll know the sex of the baby well before most parents find out.  Yay!  I've had a strong feeling that it's a boy pretty much from the start.  Anyone else have strong inklings of the sex, too?  And were you right or wrong?  Anyway, I'll be holding my breath for the next 24 hours, that's for sure!

Re: Getting Harmony test results tomorrow

• I had Verifi testing done- same test, different lab.  The results took 8 days exactly.  We were literally sitting on the beach on our vacation when the genetic counselor called and told us the results were all completely normal and that we were having a baby boy.  It was a surreal situation.  

I had prepared myself for the results to take the full 10 days so when we got the call earlier, I nearly flipped.

I will say that it is extremely odd to know the baby's sex (and share it so early) since very few people know about this new test.  If you choose to share the information early, be ready to answer a lot of questions :-) 

Praying for wonderful results.  As someone who had 3 miscarriages and lost my DD's twin, knowing as much information as early as possible was a huge benefit to me.  When we spoke to the genetic counselor, our options were explained to me.  I purposely took the Verifi test early so that we would have enough time to opt for CVS over an amnio if the test showed any issues. 

I had an early gender dream which pretty much made me think this was a boy.  I bet your gut is right!  I had an early gender dream with my daughter which too was correct :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had the Harmony test done. I got my results earlier than I expected. I was sure we were going to have our third girl, but baby #3 is a boy.

• Loading the player...
  • That's awesome! I had the harmony test done and all was well but, they didn't check for the sex which I don't understand. The nurse told me they just ordered the chromosomal part but, not gender.
  • How exciting! Isn't that test amazing? I'm looking forward to when I can get mine done.
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • LotzaLuvz said:
    That's awesome! I had the harmony test done and all was well but, they didn't check for the sex which I don't understand. The nurse told me they just ordered the chromosomal part but, not gender.
    Yeah, they asked me when ordering the test if I wanted to know the sex.  It's something like an extra $20... not much at all. =; But apparently they have to ask beforehand in order to include that in the testing.  Sorry you missed out on that part... they should have asked you. :-q   Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer to have the sono done and find out!
  • It's a different test code if you want to know baby's gender. I specifically mentioned to the genetic counselor when she was filling out the paperwork that I wanted to know.

• That is great news about your results.  I also had that test done because I screened positive for downs during my first tri screening.  The harmony test results were great, I am now low risk (1:10,000) and we found out that LO is a boy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"