Adoption

Home Inspection on Wed. and I am FREAKIN OUT...HELP

OK I know that the house is up to code because it is brand new we just built it and closed in june 08.  And we have a 18 month old sooo we are pretty baby proofed (locks on cabinets and gates) BUT i feel like I am forgeting stuff.......help me.......... what are they looking for and at!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Thanks

Donna

Re: Home Inspection on Wed. and I am FREAKIN OUT...HELP

• smoke detectors and fire extinguishers!  You'll do great!
  • Our caseworker just wanted to see a clean,safe home.  She didn't ask about smoke detectors/carbon monoxide detectors/fire extinguishers, but we had them. 

She mostly asked questions about our home and our neighborhood.  She wanted to see where the nursery would be, too.  That's about it. It was only about a 30 minute visit.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • oh that makes me nervous just thinkinig about it. but yet it has to be so nice to be at that point! Yea! Good Luck and congrats!

let us know how it goes(otherwise i will be asking in a few weeks!)

• Ours asked for carbon monoxide and fire alarms.  We just told her how many on each floor, etc.  She did check to see the baby's room and made sure it had a window.  She didn't check to see if anything was babyproofed, but my son is 2.5 so maybe that is why.  the only thing she asked was if my cleaning supplies and poisonous stuff was either up high or locked in and I said yes, and asked if she wanted to see and she said no.  It was seriously SO EASY. 
  • Well, my house is super old, so I am scared too.  But, you have a brand new house, so I am sure you will be fine.

Make sure you have smoke and CO2 detectors on each floor.  We got a combo unit.  We also have to have a fire extinguishers on each floor as well.

Make sure your medicines and cleaners are out of reach, etc.

Good Luck.

• thanks everyone.........I will let you know how it works out......and now I will just FREAK OUT for the next 48 hrs!!!!!  
  • Good luck!  It sounds like you are all ready and will rock the home study!
  • Ditto to the pp's about CO detectors etc, but one thing no one mentioned is hand guns. My DH has a permit and we were asked where he kept his gun ( It will come up on a background check from the police dept) and we do not have a gun safe for it , but our neighbor across the street is a Police officer, and we have it locked over there until we get our safe. The SW did as us about guns, and we told her honestly they were kept across the street. When she returns after a placement, she will want to see a gunsafe....

Our appt lasted 2 hours. We did a lot of prep work like locking the cleaning products away etc, and she never even looked! I did serve food and coffee and she sat down and ate with us. I fruit, muffins, cookies and homemade cranberry bread and tea and coffee. She actually said she wanted the cranberry bread, because I baked it! She was very sweet!

You will be pleasantly surprised how easy it is once it is over!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!

WHAT'S IN MY CAMERA BAG: Canon 40D, 50 mm 1.8 prime and not much else yet! Learning to edit with PSE 8 AND LR 3. My real name isn't Tiffany, and I'm a photography newbie! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"