Two Under 2
Options

Room Sharing

Has anybody successfully had their LO's room share early? We only plan to have LO2 in our room for the first 1-2 months and then are hoping to transition to DS's room. DS will be 19 months. DS started STTN at 2 months, so we are hoping to transition the new baby to his room once they are only waking up once a night.

Re: Room Sharing

• Options
    No help here, but we are hoping for something similar. Maybe. Ours will be 21-22 months apart but I think we'd like for them to room share as early as is practical. 
    The language explosion has resulted in LO1 being a talkative sleeper lately but if LO2 is as good of a sleeper early on, we would like for them to room share. 
    I asked something similar awhile back but most of the responses were about toddlers sharing a room to make room for a third child on the way. 
  • Options
    We shared on vaca and put DS (22 months) down after dd (6 months) was already asleep. It worked really well and she isn't a particulararily hard sleeper. DS also chats a lot as he falls asleep. Naps would be the problem at our house bc they don't always overlap exactly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't experienced it yet, but I think I am going to try and wait until DS2 is sleeping through the night, to prevent him from waking DS1. I have heard a few moms on my BMB for DS1 had some success with early room sharing though.

imageimage
  • Options
    We moved DD2 in to DD1's room at 6 months (DD2 was 18 months). It's been great. They love it and only woke each other up the first 3 days. I am curious about when we transition out older DD into a toddler bed, though. It'll be any week now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are weaning off cosleeping currently, DD spends 3 nights a week with us, roughly. We're planning on doing roughly the same thing with the new LO, so LO2 would be around 6 months when we start transitioning and then DD would be around 19 months. They have to share a room, so we will see how that goes.
    Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• Options
    My DD and DS are 17 months apart. They are 2 and a half and 1 right now. I tried getting them to sleep in the same room early on and it worked only for a couple of months before DS started teething. Once that started it was game over. I had to bring him into our room because he was waking or crying every 15-30 minutes. Once the initial teeth came out, about 4 months later, his sleeping schedule went back to normal and he went back to his crib. But then DD got a major flu and I brought her into our room, unfortunately I couldn't get her back out. It took some bribing with pretty princess bedding and wall art but I finally got her back into her toddler bed. So technically they started sharing a room when DS was 10 months and DD was 27 months. They sleep beautiful now and actually love sharing a room. They wake up around the same time and giggle to each other for half an hour before they yell to be brought out. It's super cute and fun. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"