Pregnant after IF

Angle of dangle/ nub theory

Has anyone here tried it out for fun. The nub theory is basically about 'the angle of the dangle'. Between 11 and 14 weeks' gestation both genders have a penis-like protuberance between the legs. They look incredibly similar at this point, except for the angle at which they are pointing. Sometimes there are males and females at this stage which are in the 'grey area', but essentially a boy's 'dangle' is 30 degrees up relative to the backbone and a girl's is below 30 degrees.

If you get your scan at 11 weeks, it can be difficult to tell the difference between the genders. A scan at 12 weeks is around 75% accurate and at 13 weeks it's closer to 95% accurate.

TTC since 9/10 consult 1/12 All testing came back fine Diagnosed with Unexplained infertility -3 medicated IUI's All BFN IVF - ER 11/14 24R, 15M, 13F ET 11/19, BETA 11/28 BFFN --Next step FET in Jan ET scheduled for 1/24. Beta #1 350 Beta #2 735. U/S Hell. miscarriage D&C at 9weeks. FET #2 ET 5/28 cancelled FET# 2.5 6/26 ET Beta 7/5 302 7/7 Beta #2 632 Everyone welcome

image image
 imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Angle of dangle/ nub theory

• I was given my gender Wednesday at 13w I guess we will see if she's right!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No personal experience, as we're trying to stay Team Green, but I did read up on this.  I think a lot depends on the experience of the tech/doctor and the quality of the equipment, and, well, a certain amount of luck.  I think it's fun to get guesses, but I wouldn't make any major decisions based on a scan from 11-14 weeks. :)
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Loading the player...
  • For us the theory was correct. At 11 and 12 weeks the guess was boy based on the angle of the dangle and at the 16 week and 20 week appointment it was confirmed. 
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • with my first they 'were fairly certain girl'  from this theory.   i had a boy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"