TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

sammer818sammer818 member
edited August 2013 in TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Happy Friday Ladies!

It's that time again. This is our bi-weekly check in, condensed version. Feel free to let us know how life is; you can b!tch, you can moan, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want. I keep forgetting to read the post about adding PIPs and since I'm at work and can't really spend oodles of time on the bump, it's BYOB again. Right now I'm dreaming of a very large glass of wine and some cheese curds (nothing beats fried cheese!).

ETA: Wow. I'm just all sorts of SS this morning. I guess I was so excited to do the bi-weekly party that I posted it twice! Oops!

TTC since April 2010
BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
~All AL always welcome~

Re: Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

• My update/check in is not a happy one. Our surrogate back out last week. She got pregnant. I didn't actually know it was possible to feel like you are experiencing another loss when you aren't even pregnant or even TRYING but that is exactly how this feels. DH and I were/are devastated. We are starting over with a new agency in September, but it's hard knowing the last two months were a complete waste. 

Non-TTCAL related: 30 was OK. Branson was interesting. I don't think I want to go back but the weather was beautiful! This weekend we are having a joint 30th celebration for me and another friend, so it should be a lot of fun! 

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• sammer818 said:
    My update/check in is not a happy one. Our surrogate back out last week. She got pregnant. I didn't actually know it was possible to feel like you are experiencing another loss when you aren't even pregnant or even TRYING but that is exactly how this feels. DH and I were/are devastated. We are starting over with a new agency in September, but it's hard knowing the last two months were a complete waste. 

Non-TTCAL related: 30 was OK. Branson was interesting. I don't think I want to go back but the weather was beautiful! This weekend we are having a joint 30th celebration for me and another friend, so it should be a lot of fun! 

Oh, Sammer, I am so very sorry that you got such devastating news. I'm sorry that this process is so painful and so full of uncertainty. I hope the new agency is able to find you someone perfect as soon as possible. Big, big (((hugs))) to you.

I hope you are able to enjoy your party this weekend. Happy belated birthday!

Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

• Loading the player...
  • toomanycats1toomanycats1 member
    edited August 2013
    Oh Sammer, I am so sorry your surrogate backed out. You're right to feel that it's like a loss.... you did lose something, and of course you're devastated. Any of us would be given the situation you're in. I'm really side-eying the heck out of that surrogate though for getting pregnant. I don't know anything about the process, but I imagine there are strict rules that you can't be TTC. I know that must just add insult to injury. ((Hugs)). I am just so sorry.

Mattsgirl2004- I hope your result come back quickly and that it's good news!  I am so sorry you're benched.  I admire that you're trying to "accept what you can't change" that is definitely a quality that I need to work on in my life.  I'm sorry your MIL requires heart surgery, but T&P's that everything goes smoothly, and that her care is easy for you.  It's hard being a caregiver when someone is ill, and it takes a lot out of you.  Buy yourself a nice treat to reward your hard work!  ((Hugs))

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• sammer818 said:
    My update/check in is not a happy one. Our surrogate back out last week. She got pregnant. I didn't actually know it was possible to feel like you are experiencing another loss when you aren't even pregnant or even TRYING but that is exactly how this feels. DH and I were/are devastated. We are starting over with a new agency in September, but it's hard knowing the last two months were a complete waste. 

Sammer, my heart just breaks for you. I am so sorry (((Hugs)))

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @sammer818 - more ((((hugs))))

@mattsgirl2004 - big (((hugs))) and many T&Ps being sent your way that everything comes back clear on the LEEP and that your MIL has a smooth surgery and recovery. I'm glad you took this past month to reconnect with YH and that the both of you are in a really strong place moving into the next few weeks.

@HelloSweetie1 - (((hugs))) and I hope everything is well for you.

@jenek0213 - much love to you ((((hugs))))

@lindsayhilleary - (((hugs))) and I'm glad you are feeling better.  I hope the testing gives you some answers and that you enjoy you trip to CA.

My update - not much going on. I'm 8dpo and not feeling overly optimistic about this cycle but also feeling like this is really my last chance.  After doing the medicated cycle and discovering that my DH cannot handle the stress of knowing about a medicated cycle, this non-medicated cycle went much better as far as timing - even with my Oing 10 days later than normal.

I did one of those silly Cheri22 readings last month which told me I would either conceive, find out, or give birth in August. I know that it is completely silly but I will be really disappointed (and maybe why this is playing into the feeling that this is my last chance) if I end up with a BFP.

NTTCAL - DH was in Nashville for the week and I used that time to push through and finish painting the kitchen cabinets. We should be putting the hardware on this weekend and hanging the doors. I'm looking forward to having this project done. AND in two weeks we will be on the road for our drive. EEK! So much packing and minor little things to take care of.

Here's some wine and cheese for everyone:

• toomanycats1toomanycats1 member
    edited August 2013
    @LindsayHilleary - I'm starting testing as well. I thought it would bring me a bit of relief, but I'm actually finding a lot of stress in it.  I didn't realize before, but our most recent losses were right around the same time.  Hope CD 1 comes soon and you can get on that testing. Have fun in CA!  We are heading there at the end of September to catch a little sunshine and go to Disneyland for the millionth time.  It will be our 8th wedding anniversary and 14th overall. After the year we've had, we are hoping to bring the magic home with us.  

@buggirl72 - It sounds like your kitchen is really coming along!  Post before/after pics when you're done ok?  Might get me motivated to do something with ours.  Sorry your DH couldn't handle the stress of a medicated cycle.  I haven't been through that yet, but I'm pretty confident mine couldn't handle it either. When he's stressed, I'm more stressed, and I just think that would be hard all around.  Glad this cycle was much better for your both.  FX that the reading was correct and August is your month!  I know looking for "signs" is silly, but I find comfort and hope in them as well.  

@wickedsugar - Hope all is well!  ((Hugs & Love)) to you as well :-) 

My update is that I have no idea what is going on with my cycle.  I'm either currently CD 27 (historically the earliest I ever ovulate) or CD 3 depending on whether I'm having very heavy spotting or a super light AF.  I know periods can change after a mc, but this is just so odd.  I know for sure I didn't ovulate, so that has me uncertain.  Kind of wish I hadn't been charting this month since it's just caused me more confusion.  

I have my HSG scheduled for next week since it appears this is AF, and I'm heading out to do the day 3 bloodwork today.  Worst case scenario, I guess I redo it in a few weeks.

We are heading out tomorrow for a big family lake trip.  Fully furnished cabins... no camping for me! We have to head back a day early so I can get the HSG done this month, but DH is being really supportive about it.  Have to come up with a good excuse to tell the family though.  FX we have some nice weather.  Where I live in Canada, snow is only a couple months away :(  Just the thought leaves me so depressed.

ETA:  My siggy isn't showing up in this post?  Weird.

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• @sammer818 My heart is with you my friend. I'm so sorry you are going through this. No one deserves this. I'm here for you love. ((hugs))

@mattsgirl2004 I hope the next 4 weeks fly by for you. I'll be thinking of you and your MIL. It takes a lot of patience to be a caregiver and I hope her recovery goes well.

@lindsayhilleary Good luck with testing. Enjoy your time in CA!

@buggirl72 I'm sorry you feel like this is your last chance. My husband also gets really stressed out. It's hard. I'd love to see pics of your new kitchen cabinets! I'm impressed!

@HelloSweetie1 Good luck with testing. I hope it works for you this cycle. Have fun with your family. Maybe you can blame having to leave early on work? Or just an appointment? Although then they might ask questions. Good luck and enjoy your time away!

@wickedsugar ((Hugs and love))) right back! xoxoxo

@jenek0212 Hey love! xoxoxo

@MsAmandaPants ((hugs)) How are you?

I was going to start testing this month but it didn't pan out. My cycle of normally 30-32 days was 21 days this month and I was out of town. I hadn't planned on an ass early cycle and thought I would be back in time for blood work. Then when I tried to schedule my HSG, there wasn't a doctor available during my 3 day window. Of course. I was a little surprised that i needed a doctor. I thought it would just be a technician, but I guess not. So now both blood work and the HSG are put on hold until next cycle. And who knows when that will be. 21 days? 31 days? Thank you effed up ovaries.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • @uneek1323 -  Sorry that testing didn't work out for your this month.  I was almost in the exact same situation, and super frustrated with it.  Hope your next cycle come at a better time and you're able to get that HSG booked!  ((Hugs))

Blaming work would be an excellent idea uneek, if I didn't work so closely with my mom.  She'd know that excuse is BS.  I'll probably blame the urgency about having the test done on my worsening Endo pain :P  No one wants to talk about/acknowledge that!

~Everyone Welcome~

• buggirl72buggirl72 member
    edited August 2013
    @uneek1323 - I'm sorry your body screwed with you this cycle and messed up the testing schedule. My RE did the HSG (and insisted it was scheduled with him and not another RE in the practice). It was nice having the doctor do it because he knew what he was looking for and was able to give us recommendations based on what he observed.

@HelloSweetie1 - I think going close to the truth is the best. People typically do not want to talk about utes so blaming it on endo sounds like a good plan.

@wickedsugar - (((hugs))) back

• Junebug060609Junebug060609 member
    edited August 2013

SIG

Apparently I posted in the dupe thread.  Here's my C&P from there

Hey Sammer,

How are you doing?   I've never had fried cheese, unless you count cheese sticks...but it sounds like something I'd love.

I'm doing alright.  7ish DPO (my temps are a clusterfuck this cycle, but I think OPKs were accurate).  If this cycle is a bust, I have a hysteroscopy scheduled for Sept 5th.  Not happy to be taking a cycle off before DH deploys, but I'm telling myself it is worth it to have the 'playing field' cleared and ready to go. 

DH is in VA now and found us a place to move to.  About a month from now I get on a plane and move out of CA!  Excited about the change overall.  We'll get some good visits with friends and family in, and will be settling into a new (rental) home in an area we know well.  I'm moving into the place sight unseen, well, aside from pictures...but DH has done well with other places in the past.  He'll be at sea for a chunk of time once we get to VA, so this week of being solo is like a test run. 

Hope everyone is doing well <3

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• sammer818 said:

Crud.  I'm sorry you are back to square one with the surrogacy.  I'm keeping my FX that you find one that works out quickly.

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• @lindsayhilleary   I understand kind of falling apart after taking the RE step. It is a hard pill to swallow to realize you need that level of intervention. I hope it is a step in the right directions for you. I have fingers crossed for your testing! Have fun in CA!

@buggirl72   I'm sorry you feel like this is your last chance. I hate the feeling of having a ticking time bomb on my ovaries. It is just so unfair. I hate the stress that comes with a medicated cycle and that it makes it a deal breaker with your DH (which I can understand). What does he find most stressful with a medicated cycle? the cost? the fear of multiples? the risk to longterm health? All of the above?  I've got everything crossed for you this cycle. ((((hugs)))

@wickedsugar    Big (((hugs))) to you!

@HelloSweetie1  Ugh! I hate cycle confusion. I hope your HSG goes well! Enjoy your trip.

@uneek  I'm sorry that your body (and your RE's schedule) is not cooperating and that you have to wait another cycle. It sucks. I agree with buggirl that it is great that your RE wants to do it personally, rather than have to rely on a report from a tech. It is crazy frustrating, though. (((hugs)))

@Junebug060609   Hurray for having a house picked out and ready to move to!  I'm sorry if you end up having to take a cycle off before your DH deploys; I hope it gets you some answers. <3  Good luck getting everything ready for the move. I love the idea of a cross country move and a total change of scenery, but the thought of all the work that would entail is incredibly daunting. I hope all goes smoothly for you.

@J&amp;J09   Lots of love to you!  I hope your next set of betas zero out. Taking the step to an RE is a scary one, but I think this is a positive step. I hope they are able to give you some answers or set your mind at ease.  I hope your next rotation is kind to you. Big (((hugs))))

I'm impatiently in the 2ww. I feel optimistic and then feel terrified to be optimistic and then entirely pessimistic and hopeless/helpless. Repeat. 
    Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

• @MsAmandaPants - not so much the cost. It was the knowledge that I was taking medication plus injecting myself. Caused major performance issues which just added to the stress. He just can't handle it.

@junebug060609 - more (((hugs))) being sent your way.

@J&amp;J09 - I really hope your next betas are at zero (((hugs)))

• Junebug060609Junebug060609 member
    edited August 2013

Sig

@MsAmandaPants The best part about doing a military move is that the only things we have to do for prep is to separate out what we don't want them to pack (easy since I'll be flying the coop prior to pack out) and then set aside any liquids and flammables since they won't pack those.  We also need to note serial numbers and photograph condition of some stuff.  They pack out everything, and quickly.  Even better, any furniture they disassemble on this end, they reassemble on the other end (so our bed gets put together...awesome after an exhausting delivery day)...and there is a pretty good results with claims if we have issues.  I was really nervous for my first military move, but now I'm all "meh, whatever...I can always sort out what I don't get to on that end"

Thank you all for your warm wishes.  I have a pre-op appt on Weds.  The timing of the hysteroscopy works out well with this cycle.  I should have a conclusive answer about how this cycle turned out in time to call off the procedure if need be.  Not that I'm counting on any of that...for sure know better by now...but it was fortuitous how the timing lined up.

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Hello all! Looks like I'm a bit late to the party...

@sammer818- I'm so sorry that your surrogate backed out.  I find that really cruel that she would go and get KU while in the process of being a potential surrogate for someone else.

@mattsgirl2004-I hope everything goes well with your MIL's surgery!

@MsAmandapants- GL getting through the TWW.  I know it can be so hard!

@lindseyhilleary- Have a good time with your family! Hopefully it will distract you from the upcoming testing.

@buggirl72- I hope that this is your cycle and that Cheri22 thing was correct!

@wickedsugar- Hello and ((hugs))

@HelloSweetie1- I'm sorry about your cycle..mine has been crazy as well.  Have fun on your trip!

@uneek1323- I am sorry you weren't able to get your testing done this cycle.  FX that everything works out for next cycle. ((Hugs))

@Junebug060609- I hope you like your new house and your pre-opt appointment goes well.

I think I am missing someone, so if I missed you I apologize!

Update on me: CD 29 and no CHs yet....I just got a +OPK yesterday so we HIO and will do so today. It sucks because I woke up late today, so I jumped out of bed and didn't get to temp, which angered me since I still haven't O'd and would like to have the most accurate chart I can.  I figure if I O today or tomorrow, I will be 14 or 15 DPO at my appt. So that could mean, CD 1 at my check-up. Not ideal.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• Well crap. I replied to everyone & was about to hit post when TB ate my response. I'm sorry but I refuse to re-type all of that so just know that I've read everyone's updates & huge hugs to you all

I seriously did this when that happened:

Well anyway, I don't have any new updates. No job yet so everything is on hold until I get one. This sucks.

TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• EKGibs said:

Well crap. I replied to everyone & was about to hit post when TB ate my response. I'm sorry but I refuse to re-type all of that so just know that I've read everyone's updates & huge hugs to you all

Well anyway, I don't have any new updates. No job yet so everything is on hold until I get one. This sucks.

That sucks!

EK - are you on LinkedIn? My school's career development dept was really big on having a well done LinkedIn profile. The job search feature on there is pretty good and I've had a head hunter reach out to me through it.

• EKGibs said:

Well crap. I replied to everyone & was about to hit post when TB ate my response. I'm sorry but I refuse to re-type all of that so just know that I've read everyone's updates & huge hugs to you all

((hugs)) I hope you find a job soon.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• buggirl72 said:
    EKGibs said:

That sucks!

EK - are you on LinkedIn? My school's career development dept was really big on having a well done LinkedIn profile. The job search feature on there is pretty good and I've had a head hunter reach out to me through it.
    I've never heard of that. I will be checking that out as soon as I get off of here. Thanks!
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"