One & Done: Only child
Options

Mirena & disappointment

I just got Mirena in place last week Wednesday and I'm already disappointed. DH and I are decidedly OAD, but just in case want to leave the option open at least for a little while, which is why we chose a long term BC since pills and stuff like that wreck me. So I went in for Mirena and I am already disappointed. I have a small constant cramping sensation all the time, and the doctor cut the threads too short and now DH and I can't even be together because they hurt him. I even asked the doctor if DH was going to feel the threads and the doctor assured me that no he wouldn't. So I have an appt. on Friday to see what I should do now. I thought the majority of women had great reviews on Mirena....now I second guessing my choice. Maybe I should just go back to hawking the calendar and using condoms.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mirena & disappointment

• Options
    BC pills do not work for me either, normally.  Migraines, moodiness, etc.    However, I went on progesterone only, NoraBE, and it seems to be working great 3 months in.  Since Mirena is progesterone only, could you do the same?

• Options
    I got the implant in my arm, nexplanon, put in about two weeks ago. It's progesterone only and good for three years. It hasn't been long, but no complaints yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I have an appt. on Friday to probably have it removed. I can't handle the constant cramping and headaches. I have had a headache everyday since I have had Mirena, mild dull all day cramping, not to mention I'm really irritable and can't have sex with my husband because it hurts him. So, I think the best option is to have it out and go back to watching the calendar and using condoms. Not the most ideal, but for now that is what we are going to do. Maybe in a couple of years I will go with a permanent option, but for now this will work. Thanks for all the replys girls. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't like the mirena either. Can't do estrogen birth control, so we're back to condoms for now.
    Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"