Secondary IF

I am new...where do I belong?

In a nutshell, I have a 5 year old daughter from a 10 year marriage that didn't work because having a baby "wasn't what he signed up for". Needless to say things didn't work out and I moved on. I have been in a absolutely amazing relationship with my BF for 4 years now and we have been trying to have a baby of our own for 2 years. Clearly it's not working:( I have a history of getting pregnant quickly (I wish I appreciated that back then). I had one m/c after one month of trying with my husband then 3 months later I got pregnant with my daughter. After a year and a half of trying with my BF I went to my GYN for advice and she ordered a SA. I got the shock of my life when the count came back very low at 2 million. We did a repeat one and that was 1 million. We were sent to a urologist who specializes in MFI. He ordered another SA and that one showed a count of 100,000. All 3 SA's had low everything across the board:( The urologist ordered blood work and his testosterone, FSH and LH were slightly high so he didn't qualify for anything like Clomid. We also did some genetic testing and luckily that all came back perfectly. At this point the doctor schedules a sonogram of BF's scrotum and what do ya know....he has a decent sized varicocele. We did the surgery 2 months ago and now it's a waiting game. The doctor feels hopeful the numbers will improve but still has a feeling we will need assistance in getting pregnant....this makes me so sad. I am praying it happens naturally or at least his numbers improve enough to allow us to do a IUI. To make matters worse our age is haunting me a little bit. I am 35 and he will be 40 in 2 weeks. I should also mention I asked my GYN to do the CD3 blood work on me for a piece of mind and it came our pretty good for my age - could of been a little better but could if been a lot worse (sorry I can't remember the exact details). I hope this is the right board, please tell me if its not:) Thank you for listening!

Best Answer

Re: I am new...where do I belong?

• Thank you for being so welcoming:)
    I heard acupuncture could help with fertility but never really looked into how often etc. Definitely worth looking into it more and discussing! My BF has been on Fertility Blend, a multi vitamin and Vitamin D for about 5 months now. Anything that helps right?

It doesn't help that he has had 2 hernia surgeries in his childhood....of course one on each side ugh. After the doctor repaired his varicocele in June he told us there is so much scar tissue in the area. I really hope that doesn't mean anything. This whole waiting game is pure torture for us. We go for another SA the second week in Sept then meet with the urologist again. I was warned that the true results won't be until the SA in December. However I am already mentally preparing myself for the worst.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the goup! I hope the time passes quickly and things improve for you.

DD born 2/22/12

TTC # 2 since 7/12

DX- PCOS. Currently upping Metformin dosage and preparing to meet with RE 9/5/13.

Ist medicated cycle September 2013-BFN

1st IUI November 2013-BFP Chemical Pregnancy

2nd IUI December 2013-BFN

3rd IUI January 2014-BFP! Due 10/31/2014

• Hi there. I'd say you are in the right place.  Welcome and sorry you have to be here, hopefully your stay is short.  I am so sorry to hear about your loss.    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"