August 2011 Moms
Options

I am changing my name.

All I have heard the past few days is, "mama, mama, mama, MAMA!" over and over again. 

Even if I respond to her she still just says mama over and over! Love you kid, but you know like 100 other words. 
image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I am changing my name.

• Options
    Um, yes to all of this. Just this week, DS discovered the power of looking up at me sweetly and saying "Mama??" when he wants something. Adorable at first. A week and 8,000 "Mama"s later, not so much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    See I have the opposite problem lol. DS loves to say Dada, Daddy....Only when he is hurt or wants love and attention he says Mama. I still get the Awwwww :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to say "ok, if you need something let me know. I can't answer you again". And then I don't. Today was mommymommymommymommymommmymommy... Yes hazel, what do you need? Daddy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am 31, my siblings are in their 20s. If we're annoying my mom and saying "Mom" too much, she totally tunes us out. I believe it is a skill developed over time. ;) 
    imageimage
  • Options
    Me too! I read a really cool article about a mom saying "asked and answered" when her toddler started repeatedly asking stuff. I tried it and it really works. Another plus: the child learns to remember what you have said.

She usually tries the mamamamamamama thing only at bed time now. And thennshe just grabs my face to look at her and says "I la lud jew"(I love you). *heart melts*
  • Options
    No mamamamamamamama here (for now) but she does keep repeating the same questions over and over. I don't really mind answering the first 10 times, but when it gets ridiculous, I turn to her and repeat her question back to her - and she pretty much always answers it herself. I guess they just like to be reassured by repeating the same questions? Or maybe it's a processing thing?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Total win today! DH is home.

"Dad. Dad.Dad. DAAAAAD. Daddy. Dadda. PAPA!!!!"

-evil smirk-
    image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"