Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

screaming baby

I babysit for a 6 month old little one and she screams a good portion of the day.  Even when her belly is full, and she has a clean diaper she screams.  It is not a normal cry it is like a fit throwing scream.  I have had two boys and babysat many children and have never had one that has behaved this way.  I am at a loss of what to do with her.  If I pick her up or come near her she will stop and if I walk by she screams her head off and kicks her legs.  I can't carry her around all day since I have other kids to take care of.  Any suggestions?  What do they do at a daycare with a kid that screams all of the time?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: screaming baby

• Options
    I thought about the teething thing as well, but even after tylenol or teething tablets she still screams. She isn't alone we have some other kids here in the same room with her as well as myself.  When I say near her I mean within maybe a foot of her, and like I said as soon as you go by her she freaks out.  I talked to her mom and she says that she isn't like that at home and that they don't hold her all of the time, but what is strange is the first day she comes here is the worst and it gets better as the week goes on, only to start over again the next week. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It sounds to me like she is held a lot so over the weekends she gets all that attention.. Since you can't do the same she is fussy with you..

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dd can be like this. She also has a harder time at daycare on Mondays and gets calmer as the week goes on. She does do this at home too, butit's easier to keep her happy because one of us can always focus on her. She just constantly wants to be held and entertained! She's just a baby, so these are her needs given her personality. They do end up holding her a lot at daycare. Have you tried a carrier to wear the LO? I don't know what I'd do without it!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"