Dads & Dads-to-be

5 Thing Thursday

1) In honor of BBB Friday tomorrow... if you could only have 1 of the 3 Bs for the rest of your life, which would you pick?  I think I'd know the answer for most everyone, but curious to see if I'm right.

2) What was your favorite movie you saw in theaters this summer?  If you didn't see any movies in theater, how about on DVD/Blu-Ray/cable/streamed online that you hadn't seen before?

3-5 are you this week.

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• 1) In honor of BBB Friday tomorrow... if you could only have 1 of the 3 Bs for the rest of your life, which would you pick?  I think I'd know the answer for most everyone, but curious to see if I'm right.

I don't drink much, so beer is out.  So it comes down to bacon or boobs.  As much as I love bacon, I gotta go with boobs.

2) What was your favorite movie you saw in theaters this summer?  If you didn't see any movies in theater, how about on DVD/Blu-Ray/cable/streamed online that you hadn't seen before?

Only saw 1 movie in theaters this summer so far, Monsters University, with the boys for their first movie.  It was a really well done movie, as most Pixar films are.  Surprise movie for me was the movie In Time with Justin Timberlake (saw it on DVD).  It looked like it would be OK, but it was actually pretty good.

3) My youngest turns 6 months old today.  How in the hell did that happen???  As Wulfgar can probably attest to (since if memory serves, he's the only regular dad with more than 1 kid aside from me), time flies even faster with multiple kids than it does with just one.

4) My oldest is becoming quite the problem solver.  He's trying to use furniture as ladders to get things out of his reach and finding inventive ways to solve problems.  I'm just worried one of his solutions will lead to him getting hurt.

5) We are full on into the terrible twos.  Apparently he waited until 2 1/2 to really let it unleash, but he's testing boundaries and pushing buttons like crazy recently.  I'm trying to keep my cool, but some days it works better than others.
  • 1) Boobs

2) The Perks of being a Wall Flower was very good. Hit and Run was very funny if you're looking for something to watch on Netflix.

3)I'm not feeling a 100% today. More like 72%. I wish work was operated like a MLB team where my boss says, "Why don't you sit out today so we can have you a 100% for Friday". Sure thing coach.

4) Summer TV has been awful this year. The cast of Big Brother is filled with horrible people. They really are bad human beings. We're 2 episodes behind on Dexter, but this season has been such a drag I don't feel motivated to watch it.

5) I feel like I tell my son "Please, don't put that in your mouth" 50 times a day. Do they make a book about not putting things in your mouth? If so, I need it to make me feel like a better parent.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • My 2 1/2 year old STILL has his hands in his mouth a bunch.  Not so much with objects, but still with the hands.  No wonder the kid seems to always have a cold.
  • 1) In honor of BBB Friday tomorrow... if you could only have 1 of the 3 Bs for the rest of your life, which would you pick?  I think I'd know the answer for most everyone, but curious to see if I'm right.

First off, this is just mean.  Secondly, Boobs

I haven't been to the theaters in a long time and haven't seen much lately.  I did watch End of Watch on Netflix.  That was good.

3)  We are heading out of town with another couple this weekend.  Should be a good time and a nice break from reality before I start my fall semester class and have no time again between the class, work and being a dad.

4)  The Reds nearly blew a game last night where they had a 8-0 lead.  They are only 2.5 back in the division, but still in third.

5)  In addition to everything else going on I have started taking a beer judging class.  I am already a certified judge, but I am trying to improve my skills.  It will help with my own homebrew and judging competitions.

• 1) You are evil. Seriously evil. However, the whole tender boobs/nursing process taught me I can live without boobies as long as I have access to other parts. I could probably quit Booze too, because there are other substances. So I will keep bacon for the rest of my life. I figure there will be a point in my 40s or 50s where I don't care much about sex anymore but still want food. Think long term, boys! Plus there's still butts.

2) Star Trek is the only movie I saw in theaters this summer. It was great!

3) I've reached the "cautiously optimistic" phase of the NFL preseason. Like "hey, we could be good this year... right?"

4) Is it Friday yet? This hasn't even been an especially bad work week, to be honest. But I feel sooo tired.

5) I think 15/16 months is an amazing age, at least for my kid. So smart, so talkative, actually still mostly listens and wants to impress us. Huge upgrade from 13 months!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • ColtsdadColtsdad member
    edited August 2013
    LuckyDad said:

5) I think 15/16 months is an amazing age, at least for my kid. So smart, so talkative, actually still mostly listens and wants to impress us. Huge upgrade from 13 months!
    I found that the stretch from about 14 months to about 27-28 months were pretty awesome in general... then the quest for independence takes place and things get a bit more challenging, still have plenty of awesome moments, but some real challenges too.
  • 1) If it was good German beer in Germany then it would be a tough choice between that and boobs.  But boobs will have to win.

2) The only movie that we saw in theaters this summer was the one that was a mix of comic actors at the end of the World, it was really dumb.  I got TCM now so I get to watch all of my old favorites.

3) Labor day weekend we will start to potty train my son with real underwear.  This will be exciting and a challenge.

4) Ate 6 Triple Atomic boneless wings today at lunch.  Didn't do the bone in wings and sign the waiver, will do that next time with work after working hours so we can take our time.

5) I have a ghost pepper that is starting to turn color.  Need a few more plus my habs need to grow bigger and turn prior to our chili cook off at work.  I feel sorry for those that don't like hot chili since a bunch of us will be trying to out do each other for hot.  One of my co-workers is raising Carolina Reapers and Scorpion peppers so if she has them in her chili that should win hands down.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I currently only have one child but since I have a lot of cousins and my parents were the oldest I have been around children my whole life.  Some that were born when I was in the Navy are now in college.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"