August 2013 Moms

Cecilia is here!

Cecilia Ellen arrived in a fury late Sunday night (Aug 18) after laboring at home all day and we (surprisingly) arrived at the hospital just at the nick of time to deliver her only 10 minutes later. 9 lbs 2 oz, 21.5 inches, at 39w3d.

Long story
Sunday morning woke up having mild contractions, but def different than the months of BH I'd been having. Started timing them, at first about 30 sec long, about 4 min apart, but then they spaced to 5-7 min
apart for much of the day. Getting a bit stronger but no biggie. Moved between getting stuff done, watching tv, to listening to hypnobirthing tracks. Wasn't sure where all this was heading quite yet, they could kick in, or just continue like that all night. Since it was easiest for our sitter to arrive in the evening, rather than middle of the night, we asked her to come that evening, b/c we weren't sure. She did, and got our kids settled. I also called the doula to come, again, not sure. She came at 7:30pm, and maybe the knowledge that everything was in place, my ctx kicked in big time. Still 5-7 apart and less than a minute long, but strong. Worked them on the yoga ball, swaying, etc. at about 9pm got into bath, which was amazing, totally settled me down. But then after a while the ctx amped up again. I was getting increasingly weepy and not confident that I could go pain-med free. And started complaining of back pain. My doula wanted to check my belly to see if baby was sunny side up. We knew I had a lot of amniotic fluid and baby wasn't engaged yet, and I had been lying on my back in the tub. Doula got me outta the tub and got me to lay on the bed on my side and did this amazing hip rock-jiggle move and in moments, baby flipped back into good position. She had warned me the moment this baby is flipped, she's coming on out. On hands and knees on bed, I was saying I couldn't stand the pain anymore and said it was time for the hospital/epidural. She said ok, let's go get checked. (Probably knowing I'd be almost complete). Walked out my front door, and my waters started to gush. Panic sets in. DH drives to hospital in 4 minutes. (We're real close) Get to drop off zone, get out, another ctx, more waters, go in lobby, another ctx, more waters. Then GUSH huge bag of waters/mucus, I SWORE it was the head popping out. All hell breaks loose, DH races me in wheel chair to elevator (thank god one was waiting open for us) then through L&D – me screaming the whole way- and into their Stop and Drop room (always one room open for last second deliveries) they get me outta the chair and SUPER GUSH and I flood the floor with the rest of my waters. (Note to self : need new shoes) get on bed, and start pushing, 3 pushes later Cecilia pops into this world. Screaming her lusty little lungs out. All red and chubby. 9lbs, 2 oz. 21.5" long. 11:52 pm.

Got home Tuesday  She’s nursing great. We're totally in love, big sister and brother are beaming. 

Here's photo of my DD and her new little sister.  

Congrats to all and good luck to those still waiting for their little ones to be born!

Re: Cecilia is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"