August 2013 Moms

Ainsley Rose's quick delivery/long TMI story

Some of you may have seen my recent posts asking when to start timing contractions and that my contractions seemed to be picking up last night.

Well, at 1:30am I called my doula to give her a heads up that I thought I might be in labor. She has three kids so I wanted to make sure she was able to get everything set for them for the next day in case I was actually in early labor. I could easily talk through the contractions so we decided I should rest and checkin again at 7am. At 2am I decided to give my mom a heads up that we might need her to come watch DD - but I only texted her thinking she's get it in the morning.

By 2:30am I couldn't talk through contractions and was in a lot of pain. Got stuck on the toilet because they were coming close together and I couldn't finish up my business! By 4am I could barely get through each contraction before another started and I was wanting to get to the hospital for the damn epidural (I had been hoping to go med free or at least as long as I could without meds). I couldn't put one of my legs down because of the pressure. I kept feeling like I had to take a huge poop! My mom showed up and told DH he had to get me to the hospital NOW.

On the way I was telling DH I wanted to throw out half of our birth plan. I even used my "safe word" to indicate I REALLY wanted the epidural. I could have punched DH when he said that was the contraction talking.

Checked into hospital at 4:40am fully dilated - couldn't get the epi even if I wanted. Doula showed up right away and helped me through the last few contractions and pushing. Seriously felt like I was taking the world's biggest poop!

Baby girl came out at 4:58am at 6lb 7oz and 18.75". Very mellow so they thought she might be having trouble breathing, but she was ok. Latched immediately and seems to be sucking down quite a lot of colostrum (I had a lot with DS, too). The doula had gone over my birth plan with the nurses and they were great in allowing all that I had asked for (it helps when quite a lot of what I was asking for was obsolete since I had already passed those stages of labor).

Resting up a bit now and can't wait to introduce DS to his new little sister!

Thank you everyone for being part of this great board. I wish I had been able to be more active during the pregnancy, but was glad to catch up during my maternity leave. I can't wait to see all of the other Aug2013 babies yet to be born and share in the good and bad of the newborn phase.

As you can see, I'm totally open to sharing so feel free to ask me any questions. :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ainsley Rose's quick delivery/long TMI story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"