Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Cradle cap

Ok ladies so my ds has cradle cap only on the top of his head and it looks a little reddish. I have tried some tea tree shampoo but don't want to scrub too hard. Any tips or advise would be great. TIA!!
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cradle cap

• Options
    I had really good results back in the newborn phase with the Mustela Newborn Shampoo. It's a pump and comes out foamy. The first time I used it, it took off all the flakey build up and that helped heal things up. We've been using it since then and haven't had any more issues.
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We have been putting olive oil on it and letting it sit for about 15 minutes then shampoo with regular baby shampoo.  The flakes get looser especially the next day, and you can lift them gently with a comb.  It gets a little better each time we do it.  My pedi just said that she has heard parents have good results doing the same thing with coconut oil from Trader Joe's.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use california baby super sensitive on DD#2's head every night. I use a soft brush and gently massage her head then rinse. I then put aquaphor on her head and body.  This works for us and if I don't keep up with this routine the cradle cap will come back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The baby oil made things worse with DS. We started using head and shoulders and scrubbed when he was taking a bath. It's ok, it doesn't hurt them. And the cradle cap cleared up quickly.  We use it on his arms and legs too when his eczema gets bad.  
  • Options
    Litgirl77 said:
    I had really good results back in the newborn phase with the Mustela Newborn Shampoo. It's a pump and comes out foamy. The first time I used it, it took off all the flakey build up and that helped heal things up. We've been using it since then and haven't had any more issues.
    This... put it on, wait a minute or two then lightly scrub with a brush.  It can take a couple treatments but it worked in under a week for both of my kids. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    We tried so many things to get rid of our son's cradle cap. The thing that worked the best was a cream called cerave that our dermatologist recommended.  We bought it at target.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"