Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

What age kids should my 2.5 play with?

I'm trying to get some regular socializing and play dates for my 32 month old daughter. She seems to ignore little kids or even kids her own age but loves kids 5+
Should she get used to playing with kids closer to her age on a regular basis? In terms of development, I want to make sure I'm giving her what she needs socially since she is not in a pre-school program.

I appreciate your advice/info!

Re: What age kids should my 2.5 play with?

• Options
    I don't know the answer, but my child is the exact same way.  She has always sought out the older kids to play with.  I have recently noticed that she will play with kids the same age or younger if there are no older kids around.  I would try to join a Moms group or a tot class with similar aged kids and see if the same holds true for you child. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The two kids DD plays with most at daycare are 3.5 and 4.5 - 1 and 2 years older than her. I think it depends on your kid (their maturity and skills), the older kid's attitudes (like fred said, if they are treating her like a baby, probably not a good playmate), etc. I think a range of ages would be best - younger to older. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whomever she has fun with?
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards