Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

PSA: keratosis pilaris

If any of you have LO's who have keratosis pilaris (chicken skin, blech, hate that name), I tried out one of the home remedies that I read online and it worked pretty well.

DS has always had dry skin and contact allergies. Pedi was not worried about it, just recommended covering him with lotion twice a day. Didn't even diagnose it as eczema or anything. It's been awhile since he's been to see her, and the dry skin has developed into little bumps all over his legs, which I know to be keratosis pilaris because my sister and I both have it. I usually don't bother with mine, it flairs up and then goes away, but I wanted to do something for Rowan's because it's pretty severe.

So here's the magic formula. Scrub area with a warm wet washcloth as well as you can while still being gentle. Pat dry. Put some apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball and wipe it on the affected areas. Then slather LO with Aquaphor and stuff him in some footy pajamas to let him marinate. ;-) I've only done the first treatment, and while the bumps are still there, they've drastically diminished. I think a few more applications will take care of it!

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PSA: keratosis pilaris

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"