Blended Families

Roasted Tomato and Sweet Red Pepper soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons

ngredients Soup

• 3 pounds of tomatoes, halved (variety is best, some green ones even better)
  • 1 large red pepper
  • 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 tbls EVOO
  • Pam spray
  • 1/4 cup of fresh basil
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • pepper to taste
  • 2 cups of Vegetable Stock
Directions

1. preheat oven to 400 and spray a cookie sheet with Pam Olive Oil
  2. cut and seed red pepper into quarters, and place on the cookie sheet.  Spray with Pam Olive Oil.  Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes or until pepper is soft
  3. while pepper is roasting, heat skillet over medium low heat, add EVOO and onions.  Still occasionally, so onions do not burn, for 25 minutes.
  4. Add Garlic at 25 min mark and cook for an additional 2 min
  5. spray another cookie sheet with Pam Olive Oil and place halved tomatoes with cut side up.  Spray with Pam Olive Oil and sprinkle 1/2 tsp of sea salt on top
  6. once pepper quarters are soft, remove from oven and turn on broiler to medium. Put the tomatoes under the broiler for 10 mind.  Keep an eye on the tomatoes after that, until they are soft. 
  7. Put the roasted tomatoes, onion mixture, basil, remaining salt, pepper and stock into blender OR use stick blender to blend until smooth. ( Love my stick blender)
  8. Put soup into pot and simmer while you make the grilled cheese. 

Make 1 to 2 grilled cheese sandwiches with thick bread.  I like making one with swiss cheese and one with cheddar cheese.  Use small amount of cheese.  Once the sandwiches cool, cut them up into cubes and put into soup. 
file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: Roasted Tomato and Sweet Red Pepper soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons

• Do you know how long it took me to realize what EVOO meant? I was sounding it out trying to think of what in the world evoo was. Lol
  • ambrvan said:
    Do you know how long it took me to realize what EVOO meant? I was sounding it out trying to think of what in the world evoo was. Lol

:-*
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"