C-sections

1st appointment after c-section

Hi all,
Tomorrow is my first appointment after my c-section that I had last week... What happens at that appointment?
Tia!

Re: 1st appointment after c-section

• They check your incision.  In my case they removed the steri strips.  Assess you for PPD, ask how bonding is going.  They might discuss birth control with you.  My 1st appt was at 1 week so they saved birth control for the 6 week appt.  Answer any questions you have about limitations.  I was in and out pretty quickly.  
  • Great! Thanks:-)
  • Loading the player...
  • They took out my staples (did not hurt at all, I'm the biggest wimp in the world) and replaced them with steri strips

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They took out my staples (did not hurt at all, I'm the biggest wimp in the world) and replaced them with steri strips

Exactly. Did this one week PP and I have my 6 week appt next week. I'm sure they will check the incision and do an internal. I will also be having an IUD placed that day!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

You had staples in for a week!? Yikes. They took mine out right before I left the hospital less than 48hrs after my section.

• My staples were taking out 4days after my csection. I was still in the hospital because of BP issues and my first appointment is a week after I got out of the hospital(this Friday). They will be checking my incision, BP and making sure everything is ok. With dd1 my 6 week appointment is when I got my birth control script, my incision checked and a pap.
  • My staples were taken out before I left the hospital.  1st appointment she just took the steri strips off, asked how things were, and scheduled me to have my IUD put in.  Quick and painless.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"