School-Aged Children
Options

Soap for kids with sensitive skin?

My 7 yr old b/g twins are still using Aveeno baby wash. I think we need something a bit stronger for lack of a better word. Despite washing, they don't smell particularly fresh after. They do have sensitive skin. Any recommendations?
Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD

Re: Soap for kids with sensitive skin?

• Options
    imagesmsalat:
    Dove unscented is what we have been using on DD since she was 2....Her skin was very dry, and had a bit of eczema Pedi said it is very gentle and isn't harsh on the skin.nbsp; I switched to it, like it much better than other brands.

We use this on DD too. Works great!
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Options
    We still use baby soap.   I am going to try Dove though.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Dove for sensitive skin for me and also for DS.

• Options
    ppantsppants member
    Thanks for the replies.  I'll try some Dove.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    imagesmsalat:
    Dove unscented is what we have been using on DD since she was 2....Her skin was very dry, and had a bit of eczema Pedi said it is very gentle and isn't harsh on the skin.nbsp; I switched to it, like it much better than other brands.

We use this on DD too. Works great!
    Us, too. The whole family uses it :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    My son has super dry skin , not really too sensitive but he has too occasionally see a dermatologist . She recommended cetaphil restoraderm and to wash with my hands ( no sponges,wash cloths etc.) it works well .
  • Options

We still use baby soap for both kids...

Having super sensitive skin myself - you have to just give in and experiment with different soaps/options.  Just because something claims to be natural or for sensitive skin doesn't mean it's going to work out.  A lot of times I reacted far far worse to unscented and "for sensitive skin" soaps than full-on chemical warfare soaps.  Of course, once I find something I end up with about a two year supply because oh help me if they stop carrying that particular brand/scent it's back to the drawing board which gets expensive!

One I had luck with, and odd as it sounds, it does a great job and I've never broke out into a full nasty itchy rash...  Ivory Dish Soap!  $1.50 for the container, but it's GREAT and versatile enough to go in the hand pump by the sink and bubble bath in the tub and the smell isn't obnoxious!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use California baby and its for sensitive skin. We mostly use it because it organic. They have great products and you can find them at Target. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"