8 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Morning Sickness

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking of buying the SeaBands. Does anyone know if they really work for nausea?

Re: Morning Sickness

• Options

SeaBands are the only things that got me through week 6!! I was soooo sick! A few mamas in my town recommended them......and so do I! Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I bought the sea bands and LOVE them.  the only time i take them off is when i take a shower.  I was a little skeptical at first, but i was so sick i was willing to try just about anything.  I love them!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually bought them yesterday. They havent completley taken away all sick feeling but truely helped. I was shocked i really didnt think they would.
  • Options

Im wearing mine now. I dont take them off this is the first day in 2 weeks i havnt thrown up Yay. the bands really work

• Options
    They are amazing!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had been throwing up and super dizzy for an entire month non stop. I started using the bands and I started to function a bit again. I can completely feel the difference when I take it off for a shower and don't put in back on immediately after finishing the shower. I am not sure that it is the actual band or the placebo effect, but frankly I don't care. Something is working and I don't plan on taking them off until this baby is out of the oven! 
  • Options
    The only thing that has helped me is Zofran! It's a medicine your doctor can call in for you.. Take it at night and in the morning and the throwing up with stop! Works like a charm! 
  • Options

I actually just bought the sea bands this morning.  I didnt wear them yet, since I am at work and have short-sleeves on....people may be wondering why I am wearing them?

I will def wear a long sleeve shirt tomorrow knowing that they will offer some relief.

• Options
    I have been getting horrible morning sickness and went and bought seabands and for me they just don't work. no matter how i adjust or wait patiently it literally does nothing for me. 
  • Options
    The first day I wore them I swore they were working- I then woke up the next morning to horrible m/s :(. I am afraid to take them off because I don't want it to get worse- but mine are really hurting my wrists. I think my next step is to try those preggy pops.
    Valerie Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I didn't see much of a difference with the bands. I am 8 wks and I have had m/s for a good month now. The nausea for me comes in waves all through out the day. I have found the following works best:

• Eating something in the am before I lift my head. Also, having the hubby getting a cold can of ginger ale for me to sip on.
    • Stay cool. Wear loose and airy clothing and don't put yourself in situations where you will overheat.
    • Suck on Preggy Pops through out the day or when you feel the nausea coming on. (I found them at the WalMart pharmacy. They are actually very effective!)
    • If your m/s lasts all day... DO NOT let yourself get hungry. Make sure to eat every 2 hours prompt. (Whatever tastes good or you can stand).
    • Finally, as bad as I hate to say, I have found that caffeine every now and then has been a lifesaver. I don't have it everyday, but it seems to really give me the help I need on the days that I'm exhausted which helps to lessen the nausea.

I know how miserable the feeling is so I hope this helps! Good luck ;)

Melissa R. "Be the difference that you want to see in the world." -Ghandi
  • Options

The SeaBands are the only thing that worked for me. I tried gingerale, crystallized ginger, crackers, soup, and Preggie Pops. The Preggie Pops work but I was sucking on them all day and they burned my tongue because they're sour! The SeaBands are great and I can actually eat real food (not soup and crackers) again. Try them.

• Options

Hello Ladies,

I have been sooooo sick for the past 3 weeks. I tried everything, sea bands, ginger, small meals all day long, saltines, etc. I was at the doctor this week and the nurse told me that I should switch my prenatal vitamin to a prenatal gummie or a flintstone's kids vitamin with folic acid (you have to take 2 of the flintstone vitamins to get the proper amount). She also said to take the vitamin at night with a snack NOT in the morning. I haven't been as sick! I am still exhausted after work and need to lay down for a little bit, but I feel like a whole new person! My husband is happy too because he said he feels like he has his wife back. Last week I would come home from work and go straight to bed because I was so miserable. I honestly felt like I have had the flu for 3 weeks! If you're really sick, it's worth a try. It makes the amount of nauseousness that I feel off and on throughout feel like a cake walk. Good luck!

• Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this!!! I will try ANYTHING at this point....I'm going to buy one tonight!!!
  • Options
    MamaT83MamaT83 member
    They are definitely worth trying. I didn't feel like they made a huge difference for me, but so far nothing has :-(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm just over 8 wks and didnt really start having m/s til about 6 wks! Its never as bad as one of my friends had but one thing I've found to help is to eat something FIRST thing in the morning!!! Even if I feel kinda queasy just eating half a banana or small bowl of cold cereal does wonders! And then snack at least once before lunch and again mid-afternoon!  

Maybe you all just say I dont have true m/s but this sure wards it off for me and I wish you all luck!!! 

• Options
    I am so glad I bought them. I was very skeptical but they seemed to work wonders.

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor also said to take vitamin b.

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That or the psi bands work wonderfully for me.
  • Options
    I tried them and they didn't work for me but Sea Bands brand makes ginger gum and that has been helping me a lot.
  • Options
    • Try Seabands gum (Walgreens for about $7.50)--these are helping me
    • Definitely keep food in your tummy (so hard when you feel like crap but it really helps manage the nausea)
    • Lemon juice in your water (or hard lemon candies) also help a bit
    • Ginger tea (try republic of tea--ginger peach--the ginger taste isn't so strong so it's easier to drink)

• Hope this helps--I'm right there with you ...so looking forward to the second trimester!
    • Options
      I don't know about the SeaBands but I must say, Animal Crackers do the trick for me!  As soon as I get the feeling, one cracker makes it better!  Careful not to over do it though, one cracker has almost 1/2 gram of sugar and almost 8 calories.  Good luck finding something that works for you!
    • Options

First time hearing of this....the nurses as well as my MIL have continued to tell me to try Ginger Ale and crackers and that crap is just not working! I'm def headed out to get these now!! Thanks ladies :)

IAmPregnant Ticker
      Enjoy life, smile alot, and always be positive!
    • Options

I'm 8 weeks today, and I've been having horrible "morning sickness" (of the all-day-long variety) for the last two weeks. Eating didn't help, gingerale didn't help, there was absolutely nothing that made it better. I got the Sea Bands the other day and wore them at work yesterday, and they helped a little. I still felt like crap all day long, but I could at least function enough to do my job.

• Options
      I never heard of this but I am stopping at the pharmacy to buy them tonite! I will try anything to function normally again.... I will post my findings after a couple of days! Thanks for this post!
    • Options
      I got some and they sort of worked for me, but I found them uncomfortable.  I took them off and felt even worse right after.  So as long as you dedicate yourself to always wearing them they might work for ya, but good luck either way.
      Pregnancy Ticker
    • Options

I have found occasionally they can take the edge off but they aren't really enough for me, worth a try though!

Unfortunately, the best thing for me helping morning sickness is getting as much rest as you can.  You might find if you have a really busy day you might pay for it the next day.  I have found that with my first and current pregnancy.  Don't fell bad if you have to say no to things!

Sometimes can be hard this early on though when people don't know :)

• Options
      you sound just like me!! .... what are you having!? i'm hoping i'm this sick b/c its a girl.. my first is a boy n was a walk in the park compared to this time around!
    • Options
      My dr has me on a prescrip drug calle Zofran, its safe and is the only thing that has helped me, without the meds i cannot eat or consume liquid! And i will throw up even without food in my stomach, good luck!
    • Options
      I haven't tried the seabands yet but so far zofran has worked for me. I've also tried ginger ale, peppermint life savers, chewing gum and eating frequently. It doesn't take any the nausea but it helpse get through tag day. Hopefully I only have 4 more weeks of this as I am 8 weeks in. Good luck to all you ladies!! And remember that this will be worth it in 9 months!!! :
    • Options
      My morning sickness has been unbelievably terrible. I have a midwife, so naturally she wants me to take a more herbal side to it. She prescribed me some B vitamins that helps only sometimes, but other than that, I try to eat small portions and all throughout the day. It seems to help. 
    • Options
      I tried the Sea-Bands and the pharmacist swore by them. Unfortnately, they didn't do a thing for me and my doctor kind of laughed when I mentioned them. They only things that worked was a prescription for my morning sickness. I'm at week 8 and feel like crap. Everyone says that it does get better and it's just tough now.
    • Options
      I have been doing almost the same thing as you and as much as i still feel kinda bad , everything you said has helped in some way. My doctor also told me to put small amounts of caffeine back in my diet. Seems to help with the headaches I get early in the morning. Good luck mama :
    • Options
      I have been wearing Sea Bands since week 6, they haven't gotten rid of my nausea, but they seem to help take the edge off at least!!
    • Options
      Ginger tablets were my silver bullet.
    • Options
      I've tried saltines, gingerale, ginger pills, vitamin B6, the sea bands, none of it worked. I just got a Rx for Zofran today. It helped me get lunch down, feeling a little nauseous this afternoon. I think I am still stuck with my bland (aka bread/rice) diet in conjunction with zofran if I want to keep stuff down.
    • Options
      I feel like a wuss, but after short runs of trying most of things mentioned in this thread, I had to go to the prescription anti-nausea.  It makes me sleepy, but at least it's taken the edge off, and i get food into me.  I have to snack constantly to keep my stomach full, but at least I can eat again!

I have high hopes for the second trimester when I will hopefully feel a lot better!
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "