Third-Party Reproduction

_+*Third-Party Reproduction Weekly Check-In*+_

This weekly check-in is for anyone using/considering or who has used a 3rd party method of reproduction, including: Donor egg, donor sperm, embryo adoption, gestation carrier, or surrogate - also Donors, GC's and surrogates as well! Everyone is welcome here! :)

So much happening in the next month - 9 of us are set to cycle and 3 are in the TWW now...not to mention 13 pregnancies with 16 TPR babies are in progress! These are exciting times - thanks as always for keeping our community strong and supportive!

Check-In for Week of August 19th:

1. What is new in your process? How are things feeling right now?

2. QOTW: All of the babies whose gender is known on our check-in are boys! Did/do you hope for a boy or a girl? Or doesn't matter? Thoughts on this topic? If you could choose the gender, would you?

-----

Welcome
QOTR - Welcome! We are here for you as your start your DE journey :)
((Hugs))
CeeMonkey - We all send our thoughts your way. So sorry for your loss :(
Sharon216 - Sorry about your AMH, etc. - we're here for you as you evaluate DE. 
New BFPs & Other Good News!
Pooniki! Congrats on your natural IVF cycle and your successful ER! FX for next steps!
Little Lady 77 - TWINS! Congrats! FX for a h&h 9 months ahead!
BabyVDM - So glad the Minions are growing strong!!!
In the TWW!
GoaliesWife123 - ICI#1 on 8/2 - in the TWW! FX for you!
Scorpgirl1120 - IUI#2 on 8/11 - in the TWW! We're all hoping for you!
sam18iamiam - DS - IUI#2 on 8/14 - Hope the wait flies by!
Currently Cycling/Scheduled
MrsT4 – DE FET#1 – waiting on calendar for August 23rd FET!
poohniki – DS; natural IVF mid-August - 1 egg retrieved, waiting on testing for ET date!
Lacyj67 – DE IVF#1 ER in July and FET on 9/3/13
KateBee – Gest. Surrogate – Matched! ET on 9/5/13!
Meck716 - DS - IUI #1 will be between Aug 28-31.
Stinkerbell6879 – Fresh DE IVF scheduled for btw 9/7 and 9/9/13!
Liz4Paws – Embryo Adoption; 2 Embie-FET Sept 12!!
ArgyleBridge - Egg donor - ET estimated mid-September!
2MamazinSeattle - DE/DS - FET #2 on September 16th.
Waiting to Cycle
BeckyP005 – Fresh DE; waiting for donor availability.
Brooklynesque – DE IVF #1 - Waiting for new calendar after July cancel.
DoublePortion – Embryo Adoption; selected by a donor family with 5 embryos to give!
Faithita – DE - On the RE waiting list.
Firesiren – DS – FET planned for fall timeframe.
GetwickMom – Searching for GC - banking frosties due to MFI, hoping for ET ~Sept. 2014!
Jen12573 – Embryo Donation - Receiving 2 donor embies! Consult for calendar 8/27!
Katie_71208 – DE – Reviewing donors! Appt. Oct 1st. 
katmarso - DE with known donor planned. Welcome to you! 
klaganza – DE - In process of choosing egg donor.
Km672 – Fresh DE/DS; signing consents 7/22! Cycle likely in October. Started BCPs!
Ladyrader0227 – DE FET after reduction of BMI ~Aug/Sept.
laurag1986 - DS - IUI#5 coming up!
Meljam13 – Using traditional surrogate (using OS) after Oct.
mm29 - DE; Started process at SDFC in July 2013.
Sammer 818 – Gestational Carrier; Surrogate identified! Pre-cycle testing and looking for insurance.
orangemell2012 - DE on 7/7 - outcome not reported yet.
Pregnant!
JM1977 – DE/DS – EDD 10/9/13 – Boy!
Firefly062 –  DS  -  EDD 10/10/13 – Boy!
IndianaSunshine – DE – EDD 11/20/13 – Boy!
Melkel559 – DS – EDD 12/10/13 – Boy!
Happywifemomofone – DE – EDD 12/23/13 – Boy!
Kaf8278 – DE – EDD 12/31/13 – Gender ?
Moonaggie – DE – EDD 1/2/14 – Boy!
Jms1374 – Embryo Donation – EDD 1/14/14 - a/s on 9/3!
Strunella – DE – 1/28? - Gender ?
Udc22 – DE – EDD TBD – Twins!!
Aputter05 – DS IUI on 5/30/13 – EDD TBD.
BabyVDM – DE FET#1 – Twins! - EDD 3/20/2014
LittleLady77 – DE IVF - Twins! - EDD 4/10/2014
Parenting
AmCheri – DE – Baby born June 5, 2013 – Girl!
Hooliface – 1 year-old DD from DE
Jcath – 20-month-old identical twin girls from DE + 2 bio sons
JM1977 – 21-month-old DD from DE/DS (also currently pregnant)
Strudel82 – 1 year-old DD twins from DE (also currently GC)
WeBelieveInMagic – 10-month-old son from DS + a 3-yr-old bio son
Donors/GC’s/Surrogates
Strudel82 – GC -  EDD 1/15/14 - Gender ?
ArgleBride – Egg Donor –  ET set for mid-Sept!
Considering Third Party
sharon216 - Considering DE
lmielocl1 - Considering embryo adoption
QOTR - Considering DE

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: _+*Third-Party Reproduction Weekly Check-In*+_

• I keep posting the check-in and forgetting to actually check in :) So I'm doing it right now!

I start my Lupron today for our FET#2, slated for September 16th which I have a feeling will be here before I know it. I've taken a bit of a mental break from (over) thinking the whole process and just enjoyed being free of the drugs (other than BCPs) and stress of the whole process. I feel ready to go again!

This past week we also attended an adoption information session and are very excited that we are getting our ducks in a row if our last two embies do not result in a baby. We know it's a very different path, but we also know we want to be moms, and we are open to however it happens for us. It was great to get information and start thinking on things.

QOTW: Honestly I thought I didn't care until I learned the first baby I carried was a boy - and I wasn't excited at all. I felt terrible for it, but it was my reality that I guess I really wanted a girl! However, I obviously adjusted/digested it was a boy and would have been/will be thrilled now either way. I think suffering a loss (at least in my case) made SO many things not matter anymore - which all seemed to important in the beginning. Perspective I guess! And, even if we could choose the gender ahead, we both said we didn't want to do that. Fate is fine with us :) We just want a healthy full-term baby and healthy mom!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Hi there!

2Mamaz: Fx that the third time's the charm!!  Cheering you on for your upcoming FET.

I am just waiting around for my donor to get back from vacation so we can set a schedule.  I'm of course totally paranoid everything is going to go wrong again . . . having a schedule would at least be a start.  Frustrating!! (Though I knew she was going to be away.  Not frustrated at the donor, just at my own impatience.)

Gender:  No preference, and I'm excited for the surprise.  I wouldn't choose if I could.
  • Loading the player...
  • We went for a 3-D utrasound last Thursday and found out that we are having a BOY! Still waiting for the AS to confirm everything is ok, but so far, things look great. He was moving all over and we got a great 3-D shot where the placenta looks like a pillow that he is cuddling. We also bought the crib, dresser, rocking chair, and bedding set last week. Things are starting to get real but I finally feel like I am allowed to be excited for this.

QOTD: I mentioned last week how my DH was so set on having a girl. We did do a lot of talking about it and he is now very excited that we are having a boy. he still wants his little girl, but is bursting about having a baby at all. I personally wanted a boy first and felt from the beginning it was a boy, but wanted so much for DH to get his girl. We also got an adorable outfit the day we found out that says "Daddy's little man" on it and I think that really helped ease the minor disappointment he may have had (and on this topic, it just isn't the same having a shirt that says, "Mama's boy", now does it?).

• 2 Mamaz: Good luck with the next FET. Your strength and positive attitude inspire me.
    JMS: Congrats on your little Prince!

I'm still over the moon that we have a blast. I let my guard down yesterday, got excited, and pinned some baby stuff to my secret baby board on Pinterest. I see ladies have failed FET, so I'm trying to be realistic- but I'm hoping. I felt a little sad yesterday when I was telling DH that we will have the chromosome screening and then find out about a transfer and he said it should be fine because we've both been karyotyped. I didn't have the heart to remind him that his karyotyping didn't matter. :(

QOTW: I think both DH and I really want girls, but we can only agree on boy names. Plus the psychic told me I was going to have baby boys- and you know they're never wrong. :)
    Either way, I have a little cowboy and cowgirl outfit locked away that DH and I bought 8 years ago.

***WARNING***

TTC Since 12/2008;  DH: 32, Azoospermia     me: 33, DX during IVF #4: Low AMH (Normal FSH) / SER due 
    to IVF Meds (causing failure to fertilize) Recent DX: Hashimoto's, Lupus Anticoagulant, White Blood Cell Disorder 
    High ANA, ATA, & APA, PAI-1 Heterozygous= blood clotting disorder; connective tissue disorder 
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 2/2011     IVF w/ ICSI #2 5/2011    IVF w/ ICSI #3 12/2012   *New RE* IVF w/ ICSI #4  5/2013
    IVF w/ ICSI #5 8/2013 (Natural Cycle- No drugs)- One follicle->one blast. CCS normal. FET 9/10- 6BB blast. m/c @ 5w
    IUI #1 12/23- BFN  IUI #2 Cancelled (ovulated during AF)  Prep:CoQ10 (300 mg); DHEA (25 mg); Melatonin (3 mg), Folgard 2.2, Metformin 500 2x, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Aspirin 81mg w/ calcium, B12,  Vit. D 4000 & Prenate Elite Daily; Cabergoline 1/2 pill 2x week-  Cycling: Estrace Priming; Prednisone 10mg, Lovenox 40mg 2x,  Femera & Menopur   
    IUI #2.1 6/30 & 7/1. 1st Beta: 90 (7/15); 2nd Beta: 226 (7/17); 3rd Beta: 766   EDD: 3/23/2015

**ALL WELCOME**                                    My Blog 

• The donor with the 5 embryos fell off the face of the planet, so I'm back to just being on my RE's wait list. QOTW: At this point all I want is a baby. Sometimes I think I'd prefer one or the other, but I go back & forth.

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• We have our consult with the dr at California conceptions this coming Tuesday! Excited & nervous all wrapped together! Wish I knew when AF would be here so we can get the next steps rolling!! I do not think it will be real until that happens.

With both our pregnancies it didn't matter, although with our angel I was so excited to be having another boy as I thought it would be so neat to have 2 boys so close together in age. I am not partial to either if we are able to add to our family!
  • Hey Ladies!!! So I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with the help of donor sperm. I am a single woman, always knew I wanted to be a mother, I just never met the right guy (yet). Because I am single, my age and early onset pre-eclampsia I know this will be my one and only pregnancy. I currently have three embryos's that I will not be using. I am Catholic and believe life begins at conception. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how embryo adoption works and would not even consider starting the process until after my daughter is born. Do any of y'all have any experience with this? Also, I would want to meet the couple, would this be possible before deciding to give them this miracle? Also, would it be reasonable to have some sort of clause that the child could be given my information on it's 18th birthday if he/she chooses to??? Thanks ladies, sorry for all the questions! If anyone has any on sperm donation, please ask away! My experience has been very positive!
  • The donor with the 5 embryos fell off the face of the planet, so I'm back to just being on my RE's wait list.

QOTW: At this point all I want is a baby. Sometimes I think I'd prefer one or the other, but I go back & forth.

oh DP this sucks!!!!! I'm so sorry!!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• JM1977JM1977 member
    edited August 2013

Continued hugs to ceemonkey.  And DoublePortion - I'm so sorry that your embryo donor is MIA.  I hope things turn around quickly.  Wishing you all the best 2mamaz with your upcoming transfer!

Update: Our daughter's 2nd birthday is next Friday.  I'm continually in awe of her and so thankful for our donors who made her possible.  I'm almost 33 weeks with this baby.  I'm feeling it big time - I hired someone to come over 3 evenings a week to help until my DH gets home because I was just getting too worn out.

QOTW: We really thought our daughter was going to be a boy until we had our a/s.  We would have been excited about either.  After her, we thought it would be great to have another girl, but now that it's getting closer, I realize that it will be really special to have one of each.

TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh DP, I am so sorry!

Update on me--still on track, taking BCP.  The clinic says I am not allowed to waive the fee. They are worried about fairness.  Oh well, I can't say I'm devastated to get paid, but I am glad I tried.

Would I choose the sex of my hypothetical child?  Naw.  I might pick for kid 2, but probably not.  My husband and I even want to be team green, when the time comes.

• DP-really sucks that your embryo donor is MIA, hoping that she is on vacation and forgot to tell you.  Brooklynesque-Hope that you get your plan up and running quickly.  GL to everyone with upcoming cycles and praying for a wave of BFPs all around for some much deserving ladies!!

1. What is new in your process? How are things feeling right now? 22 weeks today, repeating a/s on Thursday because they were unable to visualize all of the heart because of position baby was in.  Having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, which is making me very nervous at this stage in my pregnancy.  Called OB on Sat, he didn't seem worried and said there is nothing that can be done at this point in the game anyways.  Hoping that they check my cervix at a/s, to verify that it's still closed.

2. QOTW: All of the babies whose gender is known on our check-in are boys! Did/do you hope for a boy or a girl? Or doesn't matter? Thoughts on this topic? If you could choose the gender, would you?  We were really hoping for a girl.  My husband is legally blind, and playing sports and things like that will be impossible for him.  We are getting excited about our boy, remembering that a healthy baby is all that matters.....boys tend to run in my husband's family, so it's not at all unexpected.  My son wanted a boy, and he got his wish....so that makes me smile.  I've already raised a son, great kid, so I've been sayin-Boy, been there done that....we should be able to make it through.  I would never choose the gender.  That is for God to do.

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • DP that really blows. I am so sorry.

Ceemonkey your in my thoughts :(

When their is an update believe me you will hear me screaming with joy...lol. I going to try the therapist again but a different one. IF therapists are hard to come by here. I feel like even though this cycle might work I need to find ways to cope now. I turn psycho at times and I don't want this to ruin my marriage.

QOTW: My answer goes back and forth. I've always wanted a girl but truly at this point of course I would be happy with either. I did ask MH once and he said he didn't care. I'm sure he would love a boy!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• liz4pawsliz4paws member
    edited August 2013
    DP, I am sorry. I have been through that twice and it took our pain to a whole new level. Giant hugs. :( I've had the pleasure of getting to know you over the past year or so, and I tell you this with 110% certainty: ANY embryo donor would be so incredibly lucky to have you. Any donor who drops off the face of the planet is doing both themselves and their embryos a disservice. You will find your babies some way, some how and you and YH are going to be AMAZING parents.

AFM: Just trucking along on Lupron. I had my last evil BCP on Saturday so now I'm waiting for AF. I'm a little nervous AF won't show on time for my first ultrasound which will cause a delay. It did last time! :( Please send any and all AF vibes you've got my direction. Thanks.

QOTW: I sincerely just want a healthy take home baby(ies;) more than anything. And if I could actively chose a gender, I would not. But I have always pictured myself with a little girl as our first. I've had dreams about her, and always felt our loss was a little girl, hence the name Maggie. But I will be happy with any baby - any race, color, gender, etc.

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • @DP I'm so sorry to hear this. How can someone be a donor and then fall of the face of the earth?! What is wrong with people? 
    @CeeCeeMonkey I'm so sorry for your loss

Hugs and positive thoughts to everyone who needs it!

As for me, well, I'm currently on CD 34. I'm 19 dpo and still getting bfns. My chart is confusing, as were all of my symptoms. We got a positive opk on cd 16, inseminated on cd 17 and were hoping the 2ww would give us some good news. During the 2ww I had excess CM (more than I have ever had), I'm exhausted, nauseous and I can't even drink our filtered water because it smells like worms (to me and only to me!). Last Wednesday I had serious cramping that felt like af pain, but alas, still no af. I also had severe kidney pain on my right side. 

It is possible that I O'd late, but my temps were so weird throughout this cycle, that I just can't tell. DW is still holding out hope, but I'm ready for AF to start and try again next cycle. I'm concerned because at this point, my cycle is irregular and I don't know how we're going to time our inseminations if we are getting false positives on the opks. It is disheartening. 

I did purchase a used fertility monitor and plan to start using that on cd1. I don't know how much it will help since I believe it has to get used to your cycles, but why not, it was $100 and came with 2 months of test sticks and several opks. 

Sorry to be a downer for my check-in. I really thought it was going to be a bfp based on my symptoms...I'm thinking that I may need to see my primary doc to get some blood work done to see why I'm so incredibly tired. 

GTKY: It sounds cliche, but honestly, I don't have a preference of gender one way or the other. We plan on allowing our child to tell us what they like (as opposed to all pink or blue), and we are planning on not finding out the gender. A boy would be what DW wants because she relates to much to her nephews, but she won't be opposed to either! As for me, I don't have a preference. I think each gender has its own challenges and rewards!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Check in: My check in this week sucks. Our surrogate backed out last week due to an unplanned pregnancy. The worst part? She doesn't even want more kids. It's bad enough to lose a surrogate but to know that she's going to have another baby while I can't even have one...it hurts. It really feels like we are going through another loss - we had a lawyer appointment set and I was finally letting myself start to get hopeful. We now have to start over with a different agency (one that we did not like upon initially talking to them) and basically the last two months were a complete waste. I've been kind of an emotional wreck as of late. I also turned 30 yesterday, and that was hitting me kind of hard. 

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Dp: so sorry! Hopefully something will happen soon!
    Ceemonkey: hang in there!! T and P!
    Liz: have some of my AF vibes I've got plenty to go around!!!

AFM: tomorrow is first ultrasound for FET and first estradiol valerate shot.

Qotw: I have always wanted a girl and DH wants boys... This far into the IF process I want what ever I am ment to have and will be so grateful for anything!! Just want a happy healthy baby!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• sammer818 said:
    Check in: My check in this week sucks. Our surrogate backed out last week due to an unplanned pregnancy. The worst part? She doesn't even want more kids. It's bad enough to lose a surrogate but to know that she's going to have another baby while I can't even have one...it hurts. It really feels like we are going through another loss - we had a lawyer appointment set and I was finally letting myself start to get hopeful. We now have to start over with a different agency (one that we did not like upon initially talking to them) and basically the last two months were a complete waste. I've been kind of an emotional wreck as of late. I also turned 30 yesterday, and that was hitting me kind of hard. 
    This is terrible! When will people realize that just because they CAN have kids, does not mean they SHOULD have kids. I am so sorry you are going through this. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• sammer818 said:
    Check in: My check in this week sucks. Our surrogate backed out last week due to an unplanned pregnancy. The worst part? She doesn't even want more kids. It's bad enough to lose a surrogate but to know that she's going to have another baby while I can't even have one...it hurts. It really feels like we are going through another loss - we had a lawyer appointment set and I was finally letting myself start to get hopeful. We now have to start over with a different agency (one that we did not like upon initially talking to them) and basically the last two months were a complete waste. I've been kind of an emotional wreck as of late. I also turned 30 yesterday, and that was hitting me kind of hard. 

Oh this is so crappy and totally shocking and unfair! :( I'm so so sorry! Stupid fertiles. FX things resolve quickly and you can move forward - but definitely take the time you need to process this, as it is indeed a loss. And bummer that it lands around a milestone birthday too :(. Hang in there! We're here for you!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• I have my FET consult Sept 5!!!!!  Yay!  Finally something going on for me!

QOTW~ I don't care either way :)  But I kinda want a girl for me but I think DH wants a boy.  So either way it'll be great.
     36 DH 33 TTC for over 3 years
    First mini-IVF Sept 2011... Only 1 egg! ... BFN
    Switching RE
    IVF#2 May 2012 9 eggs and only 2 sperm, WTH!
    BFN
    IVF #3 March 2013~Tesa with back-up Donor Sperm,Tesa, unsuccessful used DS~ Chemical :(   

Switching RE's within practice

2 frosties waiting for us, November 2013!!!!!   Transferred 2 "average" blasts 11/20/2013
    BFP!!!!!!!  Boy/Girl Twins!!!!!! Due 08/08/2014

My Blog

*~God gives his hardest battles to his toughest solders. Unknown.
  • I wish there was something I could do for all the ladies having such a tough time!! I do hope things turn around quickly and we are all cycle buddies! You are all in my thoughts, try to hang in there, k?

CeeMonkey- I can't tell you enough times how very sorry I am.

DP- This is just awful! I'm so sorry. I hate that you are still waiting. Hoping new opportunities present themselves very soon. You've already been waiting so long.

Becky- I am so very sorry you are still waiting too. It just sucks.

Sammer- So sorry to hear about your news too!! I really hope you aren't waiting long either.

Hey Ladies,

Still hanging in...I start BCP tomorrow, it's something...right? My nurse left me a message this weekend that I should have our tentative transfer date later this week. I'm very eager for this. Hoping it feels 'real' after that, because right now it seems as though this may never happen. 

Having a mammogram Thursday (I'm only 31, but my mother died very young of breast cancer) and pap smear Friday (technically not due for 3 months, but IF this does work, I don't want anyone messing around with my cervix)...oh the joys of being a woman!

QOTW: I kinda go back and forth on this. I think of all of the fun things we could do with a girl and then I want a girl...Then I think about all of the fun things we could do with a boy and I want a boy! I think if we have a girl, my DH would be completely wrapped around her finger. But, he is fiercely overprotective of me and I am his wife...I can't imagine how he would be of his daughter!! 

It is exciting to think of each possibility. I know we will both melt when s/he is handed to us.

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Cee: Massive hugs! @liz4paws: You are so sweet! I couldn't have come this far in my DEmbryo journey if it weren't for you!! @sammer818: Wow, that really sucks!! I am so sorry. ((hugs)) @BeckyP005: I can't wait for you to finally have good news to share! I really hope things take a positive turn soon!!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• firesiren said:
    I have my FET consult Sept 5!!!!!  Yay!  Finally something going on for me!

QOTW~ I don't care either way :)  But I kinda want a girl for me but I think DH wants a boy.  So either way it'll be great.

OH I'm so glad to hear that things are starting to move along for you again!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • liz4paws said:
    firesiren said:
    I have my FET consult Sept 5!!!!!  Yay!  Finally something going on for me!

OH I'm so glad to hear that things are starting to move along for you again!
    Thanks Liz!!!!  FX for Thursday and sending AF vibes to you!!!!!!!
     36 DH 33 TTC for over 3 years
    First mini-IVF Sept 2011... Only 1 egg! ... BFN
    Switching RE
    IVF#2 May 2012 9 eggs and only 2 sperm, WTH!
    BFN
    IVF #3 March 2013~Tesa with back-up Donor Sperm,Tesa, unsuccessful used DS~ Chemical :(   

Switching RE's within practice

2 frosties waiting for us, November 2013!!!!!   Transferred 2 "average" blasts 11/20/2013
    BFP!!!!!!!  Boy/Girl Twins!!!!!! Due 08/08/2014

My Blog

*~God gives his hardest battles to his toughest solders. Unknown.
  • Summer I am so very sorry that this happened to you. Ughhh.Hang in there.

Km672 its almost transfer time!! Yay!

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Liz AF better not show up!!! Thinking good thoughts for you :)

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• No new update from me but I wanted to pop in and wish everyone cycling good luck!

Girls, boys- I honestly don't care.  I know some people say that but I really don't.  DH REALLY wants at lease one boy- so there is that. 

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry, DP and Sammer.  These setbacks are so heartbreaking when you think you're getting close!!

babyedgar:  There are so many people waiting for donor embryos.  There are definitely ways to donate on the terms you've described.  Maybe some of the DEmbryo ladies on here can explain some of the methods they've used to find their embies.  Some clinics have matching programs, I know, but you might get more flexibility through an agency or directly through internet postings (ladies here can recommend bulletin boards -- one I know of is PVED, which is mostly about egg donation but has an embryo donation board and is active in embryo matching).  There are also embryo adoption agencies that will do full-fledged home studies if you want them to.  (The downside is that these are much more onerous for prospective parents, and embryo donation isn't quite the same as adoption.)  I'm Catholic too, albeit a very liberal one, and will likewise donate any unused embryos (once I get to the point where I even have embryos . . . grrr).  Thanks for considering donation and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
  • Mamaz...big hugs to you and you as usual are one strong women!

Sammer & DP...I am SO SO sorry!!! So unfair (((HUGS)))

KM...YAY! Hope you get that date soon!

Liz...FX that everything is going smooth!

Big ((HUGS))) to everyone who need them!

Update: Well I have my first US tomorrow and start estrace! I will be honest I am wavering between happiness and shear fear that something happens with the timing etc...But hoping that I have lot's of things going on will help distract me.

I think no matter what we will be happy boy or girl, but we both are secretly hoping for a girl OR if  I got pregnant with twins then a boy/girl. But right now I will be happy to just get a BFP.

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone. I'm feeling very loved in this check in! It's nice to know that people care so much  :x

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• First, sending big ((hugs)) to several ladies this week, including:

Ceemonkey – Again, I’m so very, very sorry for your loss.

DP – I’m not trying to give you false hope, but is there any chance your donor is on an extended vacation?  I know (because it happened to me) that sometimes it seems like they fall off the face of the earth, but clearly they don’t understand how important this process is to us, as recipients.

Becky – I know you’ve been waiting so long and have been beyond patient.  F/X that things start happening soon!

Sammer – OMG, all I can think of is WTF?  How does an oops pregnancy happen to anyone, especially a surrogate!  Life is just so unfair and I’m so sorry that you have to go through this kind of heartache.

I know several are also awaiting calendars soon…

Good luck to Brooklyn, Poohniki and KM672!

Liz4Paws – Sending AF vibes your way and that everything proceeds according to schedule!

JMS – Congrats on team blue!!  Very exciting!

My update:  I’ve had a lot of appointments this week in preparation for FET #1 this Friday (yikes…which is almost here!!!!!  I think I am equal parts nervous and excited!!!)  Assuming both thaw, we are transferring two.

QOTW:  All I really want is a healthy little one or ones and I see positives to having either a boy or a girl.  In my ideal (dream) world, I would have one of each…whether that means twins or two singletons.  While I don’t think I could choose gender beforehand if given the choice, I would be interested in finding out the gender during pregnancy.  I don’t think I have the willpower to be “team green” for nine months, LOL.

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"