Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Intro and questions

kayoun36kayoun36 member
edited August 2013 in Eco-Friendly Family
Hello! This is my first post on a Bump board although I've been lurking for a few months. I'm recently married and a nursing student. I am slowly trying to make some green changes in our family that I can afford and that are practical right now. I have two more years of school, and I would like to wait til I graduate to TTC. However, before TTC I want to get a handle on a more green and sustainable life. Recently I switched to Dr. Bronner's soaps and I also gave up using body butter and lotion as a body moisturizer in exchange for sweet almond oil and coconut oil for my feet. I also use tea tree oil and lavender oil for my face that has been afflicted with terrible acne for ages.

My question for you ladies is where do you buy sweet almond oil, ev coconut oil, and other essential oils in bulk. Do you shop online or at your local health food store? I like to buy from my local co-op and Earth Fare, but they don't have bulk amounts in these items. Do you have trusted sources that are organic, sustainable, local or fair trade? Any feedback is helpful. TIA

Re: Intro and questions

• Options
    Hi, I order all my oils (essential and carrier oils) through 1 of 3 places : amazon, frontier (through coops) and mountainroseherbs.com. Mainly I use the last 2 unless I need something quickly, then I use amazon.

Pinky 12/07 : Sparky 02/12 : Rocky 08/13 

• Options
    Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it, I'll check our mountainroseherbs.com and check with my co-op.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"