Baby Showers
Options

Weird RSVP

My BFF who is handling rsvps for my shower called me the other day with this:

A husband of a friend I invited called to RSVP. The invite was made out to the friend. He left a message saying he was RSVPing for "John and Lisa and that Lisa would be there" (John wasn't invited) I figured it was weird but fine.
Then today I was talking with him quickly about something else and he said we RSVPed for your shower, so see you in a few weeks.

I'm not quite sure what to do. How can we make it clear that the party is women only? Plus they have two small kids which aren't really invited. Neither my mom or BFF really know them so should I just email my friend to clarify?

Re: Weird RSVP

• Options
    Honestly, as he said something to you, I'd handle it.  Call/email your friend and just feign ignorance.  "Oh- Lisa, when I was talking w/ John, he mentioned my shower.  I was a little confused at first so I didn't say anything at the time.  But I just wanted to let you know that it's not a co-ed shower.  My hostesses are planning on it being just the ladies - no kids or husbands.  Sorry for the confusion!". 

Agreed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Honestly, as he said something to you, I'd handle it.  Call/email your friend and just feign ignorance.  "Oh- Lisa, when I was talking w/ John, he mentioned my shower.  I was a little confused at first so I didn't say anything at the time.  But I just wanted to let you know that it's not a co-ed shower.  My hostesses are planning on it being just the ladies - no kids or husbands.  Sorry for the confusion!". 

ECB is very wise.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    Thanks! I just sent her an email clarifying.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"