Pregnant after 35

8 weeks at 40 and so darn tired

A little background, I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis and my 1st pregnancy 2 years ago was exhausting but now I feel drained all the time.  I know some if it working full time and having a toddler but I wonder if this will get any better.  Does anyone else just feel completely wiped out? I get up about 6am and by 2-3pm at work I am so drained I can't function. :( I want to enjoy my pregnancy but between the exhaustion and constant nausea I'm miserable.  Ok enough pity party for me. lol  Thanks for listening   

Pregnancy%20ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: 8 weeks at 40 and so darn tired

• Hi, I am 42 and I am 24 weeks.  I have been very tired.  If I didn't have older girls at home, my home would be a wreak and no one would get a cooked meal.  I am just now in the last couple weeks having the occasional "good day".  It is hit and miss.  I take a liquid iron supp. that has b vitamins and that really helps.  The brand name is Floridix.   It is at health food stores.  Can you have a friend to take the toddler so you can take nap, or hire a someone for an occasional break?  Hugs and smiles.
  • It gets better. I think I was so drained from about 4 weeks until 10 weeks. I left like a battery that had been run down. Then it slowly got better over the course of a couple week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  •   yep, sounds about right where I am.  I am so happy I have an hour lunch I usually manage to take a quick 20-25 min nap- it saves me!  Hope the remaining first tri goes smoothly and look forward to a small energy revival in 2nd!
  • I'm also 40 and have Hashimoto's, so yes, I can confirm that through my first trimester with my second child when I was 34 and my  3rd child now at 40, I was so exhausted all the time with both of them. However, now that I am in my second trimester, the nausea and the exhaustion are really starting to lessen up, so don't lose hope! Just make sure you are taking your thyroid supplement every day and getting it checked really often. My Endo is seeing me every 6 weeks during my pregnancy for T3, 4, & 7 checks. I do my best to allow myself a little extra sleep when I can, going to bed earlier, taking naps in the afternoon when I can. I've got a 10 yr old and a 7 yr old who want to go, go, go, and it is hard to keep up with them, but at least they are a little more understanding when I say I need a rest. It was much harder with my second when I had a 3 yr old at home to care for all day and was trying to work at night. I ended up having to quit my job, but that was a hard situation to begin with where I was literally living on 3-4 hours of sleep a day, and if my daughter actually took a nap that day which was rare I might get another hour or so. Hang in there, it does get better! If it doesn't, talk to your Dr about things you can do to help, such as eating plans and/or supplements, etc. Best of luck!
  • Thanks guys :) I was having an "I'm exhausted pity party" lol.  Sometimes I even wonder if I'm nuts to have another baby at 40 especially when some of my own family members have that reaction.  I have definitely started napping any chance I can get.  I told my DH last weekend that there was a new rule at our house on the weekends, when DS naps so does mommy :)  I think the toddler at home makes it worse because with my first pregnancy I could nap anytime I wanted and bedtime was early, lol, very early.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Anniversary

• First tri was a million times harder for me than second tri, I was sick all of the time and had no energy whatsoever. Hopefully it will get easier for you!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • I'm almost 9 weeks and have hypothyroidism. I also gave up caffeine three weeks ago. I'm tired most of the time. I used to be a morning person, but now I struggle to get up for work everyday. I also struggle to find energy. I keep reading that it will get better in the second trimester though!

BabyFruit TickerAnniversary

• I haven't been able to kick the caffeine habit yet :(  sometimes I think a dose is the only thing that gets me through the day.   This is my second PG but I swear I don't remember the first making me this tired but then again I didn't have a toddler the first time around!

Pregnancy%20ticker

Anniversary

• Same here...I am 38 and 9 weeks prego. I am exhausted! I am working part time this school year until 1pm and I come home and nap right away :)
  • I just hit 10 weeks today. The exhaustion isn't as bad, thank God but my nausea has increased. :(

Pregnancy%20ticker

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"