Parenting
Options

The reason I hate shitty fucking dogs.

edited August 2013 in Parenting
This is my girls' favorite book, destroyed by one of the resident dogs.  I always close the THREE FUCKING DOORS that lead to our side of the house because this dog routinely goes into my kids' room and steals dropped pacifiers, toys, and books, which he then destroys, and he also pees on DD1's bed every chance he gets.  But either SO or SO's mom left every one of those doors open last night.

// I love you too. //

Re: The reason I hate shitty fucking dogs.

• Options
    That's terrible. How old is this dog? Is it a puppy? You could spray apple bitter on everything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    That's terrible. How old is this dog? Is it a puppy? You could spray apple bitter on everything.
    He's two years old.

I'll have to look into apple bitter, but can it be applied to books without causing moisture damage?

// I love you too. //

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Who's dog is it? It clearly hasn't been properly trained.
  • Options
    Who's dog is it? It clearly hasn't been properly trained.
    FIL's.  I live in their house so I don't want to overstep my boundaries by training their dog (and I will even feel a little guilty bringing this to their attention but I must), but no, he is completely untrained.  Not even fully potty trained.

// I love you too. //

• Options
    Can you put up a baby gate between your living space and the dog's? 

My parents have an older 'leaky' dog and use one similar to this to keep her off the carpet. It swings closed on its own. I don't think it latches on its own, but I believe there are some that do.

They also have cheaper $8 ones at Walmart that you could easily step over, but might keep doggus on the other side.

Have you discussed the issue with the dog's owner? Like just ask if the owner could do something since the dog is destroying the mattress that costs $X amount and toys and etc worth $Y amount. Perhaps if there is an implication you may want reimbursement, the owner might start to care? 

image image
  • Options
    Can you put up a baby gate between your living space and the dog's? 

My parents have an older 'leaky' dog and use one similar to this to keep her off the carpet. It swings closed on its own. I don't think it latches on its own, but I believe there are some that do.

They also have cheaper $8 ones at Walmart that you could easily step over, but might keep doggus on the other side.

Have you discussed the issue with the dog's owner? Like just ask if the owner could do something since the dog is destroying the mattress that costs $X amount and toys and etc worth $Y amount. Perhaps if there is an implication you may want reimbursement, the owner might start to care? 
    I put up a baby gate all the time, it always ends up taken down somehow.  Probably because there's a step-down in the doorway that leads to our side of the house and anyone who wants to go through can't step over the gate without getting baby gate all up in their crotch.  But whoever takes it down never puts it back up, and then we're back to square one.

I'll be discussing it with MIL this morning, as FIL leaves for work very early and sequesters himself in the back of the house until kind of late when he gets home.

FTR, MIL and FIL are super, super kind and generous people.  They just don't seem to understand that their dogs are out of control.

// I love you too. //

• Options
    Get a gate that has a swing door. You step on a petal to unlatch so older kids can do it easily. Sorry mama. That sucks
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options

Get a baby gate that has a door.  I have 2 in my home so the puppy doesn't enter areas of our home that I don't want her in.

I bought this style from Target:

https://www.target.com/p/regalo-white-easy-step-walk-through-gate/-/A-13800334#prodSlot=medium_2_1&term=baby+gates

• Options
    Yeah you need a permant install gate (either a pressure mounted one or one that screws into the wall) that way you can open and close it like a door and then don't have to worry about climbing over it or people taking it down because it's incovenient.

• Options

He's two years old.

I'll have to look into apple bitter, but can it be applied to books without causing moisture damage?

By 2 they should stop chewing on everything. I would spray just a tiny bit on the cover and let it dry. Unless, it's a special edition, it should be okay. Do the same with other items that are tempting.

We had to spray our coffee table and shoes. The dog would always get the cute ones. He'd chew one and save the other for later by hiding it somewhere.

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback, guys.  I was frustrated, to say the least.

I was ready to punt a little doggie into the lake out back.  But now I kind of feel bad for him, like I usually do, because he doesn't know any better and gets himself in trouble, poor guy.

I think investing in pressure-mounted baby gate is a good idea in general, but it's especially good in this situation.

// I love you too. //

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"