November 2011 Moms

I miss this board!

caffrincaffrin member
edited August 2013 in November 2011 Moms
How is everyone doing?! Anything fun or new your LOs are doing?
DS learned how to use possessive terms. So he says my turn or I want. It's weird! He's like full on toddler and the baby is completely gone! WAH!
     Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013

Re: I miss this board!

• I miss this board, too!

DS is a crazy toddler this days. He's not talking much at all but he has finally learned to take my hand & show me what he wants.

I love that I get random hugs & sloppy kisses throughout the day.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yeah, my little baby is definitely a toddler now:(  DD2 is a little beast.  She is busy nonstop and has a crazy personality.  She is talking up a storm and repeats everything she hears.  She has to do everything herself and says "I did it!".  She finally mastered jumping with both feet off the ground and going down the big kid slide by herself this weekend, she's so proud. 
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, my little baby is definitely a toddler now:(  DD2 is a little beast.  She is busy nonstop and has a crazy personality.  She is talking up a storm and repeats everything she hears.  She has to do everything herself and says "I did it!".  She finally mastered jumping with both feet off the ground and going down the big kid slide by herself this weekend, she's so proud. 

Lol! Jonah can't jump for the life of him! It's so funny to watch him try.

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • DS1 is in full on terrible 2s.  The temper tantrums are fun, but we found between ignoring him and giving him choices helps to alleviate them.  DS1 also insists on walking everywhere and going in his own direction.  I finally broke down and bought a backpack leash.  I got tired of having to leave DS2 in the cart while I crawled into areas to retrieve DS1.  He also isn't talking too much, but the speech therapist is really helping.  

@JamiesWife  I didn't know you were pregnant.  Congrats!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • smwiggle said:

DS1 is in full on terrible 2s.  The temper tantrums are fun, but we found between ignoring him and giving him choices helps to alleviate them.  DS1 also insists on walking everywhere and going in his own direction.  I finally broke down and bought a backpack leash.  I got tired of having to leave DS2 in the cart while I crawled into areas to retrieve DS1.  He also isn't talking too much, but the speech therapist is really helping.  

Thanks! I slid it under the radar. ;-)

& I feel you on the terrible 2s. We are officially there. It is tons of fun...not.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Word on the terrible 2s.  Where did these tantrums come from?!?!  Though I've heard the earlier they start, the earlier they get through them.  I hope so!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anyone else have a kid that is on a food strike? I feel like DS is living on Cheerios, yogurt, fruit & the occasional kashi bar. He is even refusing his favs(nuggets & grilled cheese) I'm losing my mind over here. Someone just lie to me & tell me my kid won't be picky forever. :-/

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Anyone else have a kid that is on a food strike? I feel like DS is living on Cheerios, yogurt, fruit & the occasional kashi bar. He is even refusing his favs(nuggets & grilled cheese) I'm losing my mind over here. Someone just lie to me & tell me my kid won't be picky forever. :-/
    DD1 has been on a food strike for 1.5 years (started right before she turned 2)!  She eats like a bird and some weeks I feel like all she ate was PB toast, strawberries, and milk.  I'm lucky she likes fruit, because she will gag and vomit veggies.
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • DS1 has become super picky.  The only veggie he will eat is corn.  He loves strawberries and grapes, but won't eat any melons.  He will eat meat occasionally and will normally have a bite or two of things like grilled cheese, quesadillas, and potatoes.  He loves tortilla chips, popcorn, crackers and cheese sticks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No veggies to be had here either. If I'm lucky he will eat chicken nuggets or fish sticks. No potatoes, pasta, or rice.

I've been making food "just for him" but if his gonna reject it too, I'll just give him some if what we are having & he can not eat that. :P

BabyFetus Ticker
  • smwiggle said:
    DS1 is in full on terrible 2s.  The temper tantrums are fun, but we found between ignoring him and giving him choices helps to alleviate them.  DS1 also insists on walking everywhere and going in his own direction.  I finally broke down and bought a backpack leash.  I got tired of having to leave DS2 in the cart while I crawled into areas to retrieve DS1.  He also isn't talking too much, but the speech therapist is really helping.  

LOL! After reading this, I have flash backs of running off when I was a kid. This was back before they had kid leashes. How is the speech therapy going, BTW? I really think DS needs to be evaluated but his birthday isn't until the first week of Nov.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I miss this board, too! DS is a crazy toddler this days. He's not talking much at all but he has finally learned to take my hand & show me what he wants. I love that I get random hugs & sloppy kisses throughout the day.
    Aww....congrats on #2! Do you have a due date yet?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD is a full on crazy lady.  She sets up blankets in front of our couch and dives off the couch into them as one of her favorite activities.  I discovered that she loves to color last week (up until now she would try to eat both the paper and crayons); she will actually sit still for that.  She is talking in full sentences now and cracking me up.  I asked her last night if she was planning on trying one of her green beans and she said: "No, I don't like it.  Throw it in the trash.  Thank you!".  Does anyone else's LO seem to think condiments make good hair gel?  DD seems to think tomato sauce, ketchup, guacamole and hummus all belong in her hair after she finishes whatever food she has been dipping into them and it is driving me nuts.  Any advice is more than welcomed!

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • DD is a full on crazy lady.  She sets up blankets in front of our couch and dives off the couch into them as one of her favorite activities.  I discovered that she loves to color last week (up until now she would try to eat both the paper and crayons); she will actually sit still for that.  She is talking in full sentences now and cracking me up.  I asked her last night if she was planning on trying one of her green beans and she said: "No, I don't like it.  Throw it in the trash.  Thank you!".  Does anyone else's LO seem to think condiments make good hair gel?  DD seems to think tomato sauce, ketchup, guacamole and hummus all belong in her hair after she finishes whatever food she has been dipping into them and it is driving me nuts.  Any advice is more than welcomed!
    DD1 was in occupational therapy to learn how to eat and we had to let her play with her food however she wanted.  She has always used her food as hair product.
    my read shelf:
    Anniversary
  • RedCamaro said:

I miss this board, too! DS is a crazy toddler this days. He's not talking much at all but he has finally learned to take my hand & show me what he wants. I love that I get random hugs & sloppy kisses throughout the day.
    Aww....congrats on #2! Do you have a due date yet?

Thanks so much! My cycles are pretty normal, I figured my edd as April 19th. I won't have my dating ultrasound until mid September, so I guess we'll find out for sure then.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • RedCamaro said:
    smwiggle said:

LOL! After reading this, I have flash backs of running off when I was a kid. This was back before they had kid leashes. How is the speech therapy going, BTW? I really think DS needs to be evaluated but his birthday isn't until the first week of Nov.
    Speech therapy is going well.  DS1 is probably at 15 words now, though he isn't consistent with them.  If you think your DS needs it, go ahead and get him evaluated.  The Early Intervention here in Texas will do them starting at 18 months.
  • DD's new thing is "no, mine!" She even says it when I'm trying to hold her hand while walking. This phase can't end soon enough.

On a positive note, she is completely in love with her daddy and watching them together just melts my heart. She always goes up to him and says "Daddy, I you" (I love you) and "kiss". So cute. 

Oh, and she thinks her name is You. We play the "who's that" game; point to me and she says "mommy", point to DH she says "daddy" point to her and she says "you." Lol
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Isn't it crazy hearing them talk?!

• caffrin said:
    DD is a full on crazy lady.  She sets up blankets in front of our couch and dives off the couch into them as one of her favorite activities.  I discovered that she loves to color last week (up until now she would try to eat both the paper and crayons); she will actually sit still for that.  She is talking in full sentences now and cracking me up.  I asked her last night if she was planning on trying one of her green beans and she said: "No, I don't like it.  Throw it in the trash.  Thank you!".  Does anyone else's LO seem to think condiments make good hair gel?  DD seems to think tomato sauce, ketchup, guacamole and hummus all belong in her hair after she finishes whatever food she has been dipping into them and it is driving me nuts.  Any advice is more than welcomed!
    It really is!  It is really fun when siblings start to talk to each other too.  The sweet and silly conversations I hear everyday as my toddlers play makes the craziness that was having two kids 16 months apart all worth it.

• caffrin said:

DD is a full on crazy lady.  She sets up blankets in front of our couch and dives off the couch into them as one of her favorite activities.  I discovered that she loves to color last week (up until now she would try to eat both the paper and crayons); she will actually sit still for that.  She is talking in full sentences now and cracking me up.  I asked her last night if she was planning on trying one of her green beans and she said: "No, I don't like it.  Throw it in the trash.  Thank you!".  Does anyone else's LO seem to think condiments make good hair gel?  DD seems to think tomato sauce, ketchup, guacamole and hummus all belong in her hair after she finishes whatever food she has been dipping into them and it is driving me nuts.  Any advice is more than welcomed!

It really is!  It is really fun when siblings start to talk to each other too.  The sweet and silly conversations I hear everyday as my toddlers play makes the craziness that was having two kids 16 months apart all worth it.

I can't wait to get there. DD is 12 weeks old and life is craaaazy. I can't wait for them to play! Although, I did hear DS talking to DD the other day. He said "hi princess!" gave her a kiss, and went back to playing. It was so sweet I could have cried! Lol

• caffrin said:
    caffrin said:
    I can't wait to get there. DD is 12 weeks old and life is craaaazy. I can't wait for them to play! Although, I did hear DS talking to DD the other day. He said "hi princess!" gave her a kiss, and went back to playing. It was so sweet I could have cried! Lol
    Blame it on the pregnancy hormones, but that made me tear up a bit.  I will say that 2u2 gets way easier, but it takes time.

• caffrin said:
    caffrin said:
    Blame it on the pregnancy hormones, but that made me tear up a bit.  I will say that 2u2 gets way easier, but it takes time.
    Lol!! Thanks. It is already getting a little easier than the first newborn months.

• Oh, and she thinks her name is You. We play the "who's that" game; point to me and she says "mommy", point to DH she says "daddy" point to her and she says "you." Lol

Ava does this too! How funny!

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"