Two Under 2

TU2 come March 2014

I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant with #2, and my DS1 will be 21 months when the baby is born. Honestly, some days I just want to cry thinking about my DS1 not being the "baby" anymore. We have 2 bedrooms up and 2 down, so DS1 will move to a bedroom downstairs to make room for the new babe. I could cry thinking about it.

Logistically I'm trying to think about preparations: getting rid of the paci, transition to a toddler bed, etc. to make things easier on everyone once the baby comes.

Anyone have this emotional response? Any tips/suggestions/ideas to make the transition from 1 to 2 a little easier?

Re: TU2 come March 2014

• Allow others to help you, ask for help. Get as much done with your first LO as possible before baby #2 gets here (taking the paci, transitioning to different room, etc.)

I totally had a similar reaction when I found out I was pregnant with #3 because he surprised me. I babied #2 so I was not at all ready for him to be a big boy and not my little baby. So far, he is doing better than I thought he would.

Good Luck!

Pinky 12/07 : Sparky 02/12 : Rocky 08/13 

• I'm also due in march with no 2, and our babies will be 20 months apart...I'm also struggling with the emotional aspect of J not being a) a baby anymore and b) not my only child. He's been my whole universe since day 1 (sorry hubby) and now we are mixing it up with some new kid?lol I'm even struggling with finally weaning him because I just emotionally don't feel ready but I know my body needs a break (having calcium defeciency problems) but I'm literally milking every second with him while he nurses. So, you're not alone! And kuddos for being proactive so early in the game by figuring out ways to make your life easier when no 2 gets here, I should probably take a page out of your book! Congrats!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"