Secondary IF

XP: Update from RE Appt Today

Ultrasound today pretty much lined up with bloodwork results.  Though I'm CD11 and they couldn't do an AFC (they do them CD1-3), they said they would have hoped to see more follicles present.  I am moving ahead with my trigger shot tomorrow based on the two dominant follicles that were present today.
So, the plan is to go in for an AFC and bloodwork at the beginning of my next cycle.  The AFC will tell the RE if it's even worth trying IVF.  We'll then proceed with an injectables cycle first, because the RE wants to not only look at my AFC, but also how I respond to the injectables.  He said he'll use that information to determine if they'll try IVF (since they typically don't try for people whose AMH levels are lower than 0.5).
If things are decent enough to try IVF and the injectables cycle is unsuccessful, we'll hit the ground running with IVF as soon as possible.
A lot to take in... as I've said before, I just can't believe we're here.  I'm so scared...
BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d

Re: XP: Update from RE Appt Today

• Praying for good news soon. If you have questions about IVF, that is how we conceived dd, I'd be happy to share!
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Praying for good news soon. If you have questions about IVF, that is how we conceived dd, I'd be happy to share!

Thank you so much! I'll definitely keep you posted... No doubt I'll have tons of questions. It helps so much to have support!
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • Loading the player...
  • I remember being faced with different options that all depended on test results and feeling so scared and uncertain, but once you get everything figured out and you have a plan set, you'll start to feel a renewed sense of hope and encouragement. It always felt better to me to have a plan of action ready to go instead of sitting in a state of limbo. Good luck with your appointment and I hope whatever it is that you decide makes you feel excited and optimistic! 
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi!
    I went to your blog link and I think from what I saw we are going through a similar experience.  I have a 21 month old daughter born about a month after your (11/10/11 best day of my life!)  needed a little clomid to conceive her but worked on first shot sho was not expecting much trouble.  After trying for awhile while breastfeeding I stopped the breasfeeding (broke my heart) in June and went to a fertility dr last month.  Just though he would speed up the process a bit (also I was concerned because I did have a few chemical pregnancies in the time that we have tried) and go the news that I have an AMH of .33  They did an ovary check on CD 11 that "looked good and normal" with 2 dominant follicles at 18 mm and that was an unmedicated cycle but following a month of clomid (resulted in chemical preg) so I am not sure about my AFC if it needs to be done on CD3.  I did not know that.  I am 31 years old.  Like you said, really no way else to put it.  I am so scared.  NOt giving my daughter a sibling or the thought of it alone breaks my heart.  What are your levels?  I just wanted to say hi because i feel like our situation is very similar.  I am rooting for you!  Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh and also I am at the start of my first Femera cycle with trigger shot and IUI.  I did a trigger shot last month on a natural cycle because I saw him for the first time on CD 11 so it was to late to do any meds.  I am on CD6 so keep us posted so I can follow your success! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 77abbi77 said:
    Hi!
    I went to your blog link and I think from what I saw we are going through a similar experience.  I have a 21 month old daughter born about a month after your (11/10/11 best day of my life!)  needed a little clomid to conceive her but worked on first shot sho was not expecting much trouble.  After trying for awhile while breastfeeding I stopped the breasfeeding (broke my heart) in June and went to a fertility dr last month.  Just though he would speed up the process a bit (also I was concerned because I did have a few chemical pregnancies in the time that we have tried) and go the news that I have an AMH of .33  They did an ovary check on CD 11 that "looked good and normal" with 2 dominant follicles at 18 mm and that was an unmedicated cycle but following a month of clomid (resulted in chemical preg) so I am not sure about my AFC if it needs to be done on CD3.  I did not know that.  I am 31 years old.  Like you said, really no way else to put it.  I am so scared.  NOt giving my daughter a sibling or the thought of it alone breaks my heart.  What are your levels?  I just wanted to say hi because i feel like our situation is very similar.  I am rooting for you!  Hang in there!
    Hi!  Yes, it sounds like we are in a very similar boat.  My AMH was only 0.27 - it completely caught me off guard (especially since we had no problem becoming pregnant with my DD or the second time... though the second time resulted in a mmc at 8 weeks).  I'll definitely keep you posted!  I'm hoping and wishing and praying we can have another little miracle.
  • I really enjoyed your blog. Your DD is beautiful!

When you had your 2nd medicated cycle you had a trigger shot with clomid without an IUI?

I am trying to educate myself but there is so much out there!

Praying for good news for you!

DD born 2/22/12

TTC # 2 since 7/12

DX- PCOS. Currently upping Metformin dosage and preparing to meet with RE 9/5/13.

Ist medicated cycle September 2013-BFN

1st IUI November 2013-BFP Chemical Pregnancy

2nd IUI December 2013-BFN

3rd IUI January 2014-BFP! Due 10/31/2014

• alilee818 said:

I really enjoyed your blog. Your DD is beautiful!

When you had your 2nd medicated cycle you had a trigger shot with clomid without an IUI?

I am trying to educate myself but there is so much out there!

Praying for good news for you!

Thank you so much! Yes, all of our medicated cycles have been with timed intercourse rather than IUI. It's definitely SO overwhelming... In light of my recent results, I feel like I have so much to learn in a short amount of time, too. Thank goodness for the ladies on here!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"