Secondary IF
Options

Intro-Advice needed

cerad5cerad5 member
edited August 2013 in Secondary IF

Hi :) I used to post on TB back when my now almost 3.5 year old was a little one. Now I am back with Secondary IF. DH and I had no trouble concieving DD, second month of actively TTC. We have been TTC #2 since May of 2012. I was charting and temping so I knew pretty quickly that something was up and took my charts to my OB. Diagnosed PCOS in February 2013, based on irregular cycles (26-45+ days), and blood tests. My only out of whack blood test was high testosterone. Started Metformin in March 2013 and will have follow-up bloodwork next month (OB wanted 6 months on Met to see effects). The Met regulated my cycles fairly quickly (anywhere from 29-31 now since May 2013). I have ovulated the last two cycles for sure according to temp shifts. DH and I are kind of at a loss as to what to do next. When to see an RE? How to deal with the endless "Aren't you about ready for another/Don't make DD an only child/why haven't you had another baby" questions, as well as the INTENSE jealousy over family and friends having thier third and fourth babies.

TIA for reading, any advice is appreciated. I am 29, DH is 27.

DD 12/1/2009
TTC#2 Since May 2012
Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
EDD 10/16/2014

Re: Intro-Advice needed

• Options
    Hi there. I just wanted to say howdy. I don't have much advice as we are just starting our IF journey.  I do understand the endless 'When are you going to have kids question?' It eats you up, and makes you feel horrible.  But hang in there, this board is very supportive and has some wonderful ladies. 

• Options
    Hi there and welcome. I hate the "hurry up and have another" type comments/questions, too, but I feel like people have stopped asking ever since I started responding with, "We've been trying and it hasn't been easy." It took me a while to get comfortable with saying that. I think it makes people uncomfortable, so they drop it and change the subject. :)
    I think you should do whatever feels comfortable to you. I don't have any experience with PCOS or Metformin, but if it's regulating your cycles, maybe that'll be what does it for you. If you feel like you want to get a little boost, maybe take a visit to an RE to give you more options. I have heard quite a few women with pcos have been successful with IUIs, and my RE says that IUIs will work quickly (within 3-4 cycles) if that type of treatment is what will be the kicker.
    Good luck to you!

DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"