Baby Showers
Options

Thank you cards.

What is the appropriate time frame for sending out thank you cards? I threw my best friend a shower about 6 months ago and her baby was born 6 weeks after the shower and she still hasn't sent out the cards! I even addressed and put stamps on all the envelops, all she had to do was write the card. 6 months seems a bit long to me but as long as she sends them, right?

Oh and I'm sure this has been asked/answered already but I'm running errands and don't have the time to search it right now, sorry!

Thanks for all and any help!

imageimage

image           image

Re: Thank you cards.

• Options
    I'm just curious what your goal is?  You can't make her send them.  You can make her feel bad or make her angry at you for pointing out how wrong she is.   She'll send them or she won't, it's not up to you.
  • Options
    They should have been sent by now, she's a slacker and luckily for you, she's the one that's going to appear to be rude, not you.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mysticl said:
    I'm just curious what your goal is?  You can't make her send them.  You can make her feel bad or make her angry at you for pointing out how wrong she is.   She'll send them or she won't, it's not up to you.
    I think she's just wondering how long it is deemed tacky... I don't think she intends to say or do anything about it, really. I would feel put off that my friend would waste all those stamps if I had addressed them all for her, too!
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
    BFP #1: DD born 08/12
    BFP #2: 04/13 Natural M/C: 5/13
    BFP #3: 06/14 DUE 3/5/15
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

My shower was on a Saturday and the thank you cards went out that Monday.  I think more than a month is tacky, rude, and lazy.

ETA: My shower was not super small either.  About 25 people, plus people who didn't attend but sent gifts/went in on gifts together.  All in all, about 40 thank you cards went out in one shot.

Yup!  I had my shower on a Sunday three days before we were moving.  Got all 25 out before the moving van showed up.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    WAAAY too long! I think she might not be sending them at this point! Shame on her, really.
  • Options
    ^I agree with YellowWallpaper.  Unless there are extenuating circumstances, two weeks max.  I tend to not to feel grumpy until a month, unless I was a hostess, in which case I expect some form of gratitude within those two weeks.
  • Options
    This is too long. Even with a newborn I had plenty if time to address and write messages on birth announcements.

She may not be sending them. I rarely get TY notes from anyone. I think it says a lot about upbringing and class, TBH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"