Baby Showers
Options

Return address question.

Whose return address goes on the baby shower invites? The mom to be, or the hostess's? 

My mom is hosting my shower and I already helped her address all the invites to our side of the family and we went ahead and put her return address on there. I was just wondering now that we are getting ready to do the ones for his side if we should put her return address or mine and H's so that it's recognizable to them?

Re: Return address question.

• Options
    Since she's sending the invites and inviting everyone, it should be hers. You don't want anyone side eyeing you bc it looks like you're hosting. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    It should be the host's address because they are inviting them to the party.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thnk this is more of a practical consideration than an etiquette question... The return address is where you'd want the mail to be returned if for some reason the po can't deliver it. So if you're the one sending your own invites I guess you should put your own address.
  • Options
    i just got a paper invitation with the return address is the MTB's address, but the RSVP is to an email of someone else. Totally confused to who hosts the shower
  • Options
    babymama619babymama619 member
    edited August 2013
    pinkyp said:

i just got a paper invitation with the return address is the MTB's address, but the RSVP is to an email of someone else. Totally confused to who hosts the shower

My mom is hosting planning and paying for the shower. Her name is in the hostess spot..and also on the return address label. (Even people that don't know her opened the envelope!) however my mom asked my BFF to handle RSVPs for the shower since she offered and has more time available for that sort of thing. I'm not sure that it really matters to most of the guests who is hosting so long as 1. It's not the mom to be and 2. They know who the shower is for and when/where it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"