Pregnant after 35

brain malfunctioning big time

I knew that I might become a little more spacy during pregnancy, but this is ridiculous. I am a counselor and keep losing my train of thought in sessions. My mind goes completely blank and I am stuck looking like a blubbering idiot. I'm not showing yet so people don't really know what's wrong with me. So frustrating. Also, the other day, I forgot to put my car in gear and it rolled down the driveway and hit into my neighbors car on the street. That was an expensive mistake! :(

I have been reading up on pregnancy brain and the news that it will subside after delivery isn't very encouraging. Five more months of this? Yikes. My clients will probably all want a new therapist if I cant get this figured out andI hope I don't cause any more damage or actually forget who I am haha!

Re: brain malfunctioning big time

• Eep!  Hang in there.  Some days are just worse than others.  Do your best to get as much sleep as you can, it will help some, both now and after baby arrives.  I'm sure I don't need to say this, but a note pad may be your best friend.  I didn't think it was real until about 1/2 way through my first pregnancy and realized I had no clue what was going on around me 1/2 the time!  Ha!  Laugh to keep from crying, and just remember the goal.
    8-}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"