August 2011 Moms
Options

Grief Stricken

I don't want to use my regular SN for privacy reasons. 

Guys, I am so upset. This has been a terrible week. 

First, my brother had a mental health/drug issue. He has been off heroin for months. He lost his job, his car broke down and his girlfriend dumped him so he has been really despondent and suicidal. 

Same day, my FIL was hospitalized. They said his kidneys are so filled with cysts they can't help him. He will have to do dialysis in order to get on the public transplant list. He doesn't want dialysis. (Can't say I blame him.)

Then, we find out my aunt, who is uninsured, has stage 4 cancer. Since she didn't have insurance she didn't go to a doctor till she'd lost 25 pounds in like 2 weeks. Prognosis is extremely grim. My dad booked a flight to go see her. 

Same night my dad had some sort of mental health issue and decided to go psycho on my brother and kick him out. But not before saying every cruel/vile/hateful thing in his aresenal to my brother and mother. Then dad got on a plane without saying goodbye. Real nice. 

Then my FIL had a mild stroke. 

I feel like the hits just keep coming. I am emotionally exhausted. When I write this crap out it seems like too much drama to be someone's actual real life. This all took place in the span of a week. I feel like I am treading water. Soooooo tired. Blah. There is not a single thing I can do in ANY of these situations. Literally. I think that is what makes it so exhausting. 

Re: Grief Stricken

• Options
    Wow, that is extremely emotionally exhausting. :(
    Hang in there... Hugs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are dealing with all this. Just one of those issues is hard, I can't imagine dealing with all at the same time. My father is on dialysis and has been for four years. It's hard but becomes a way of life. He also went through a period where he didn't want to fight but got over it once he had a routine in place. Also, my sister struggles with mental illness so I know how hard that is too. PM me if you need anything!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry.
  • Options
    What a week! I'm so sorry so many awful things have happened all at once. ((hugs))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. One thing alone would be a lot, but then add everything else on top of that and it's overwhelming to even read. ::hugs::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so very sorry you are going through all of this at the same time. My T&P's go out to you and your family. ::big hugs::
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, that is a lot to handle.  We are here if you need to "talk".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"