March 2014 Moms
Options

What really grinds my gears...

1. I HATE people who chew gum with their mouth open. It is the most disgusting habit and looks very trashy.

2. Leggings are not pants. If your shirt doesn't cover your butt then put on some pants...please!

3. Child leashes. Self explanatory.

Anyone else want to share? I need some entertainment for my lazy Sunday.
Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What really grinds my gears...

• Options
    I can't stand when someone says something negative and then nervously laughs after... All. The. Time.

I know someone like this and I cringe waiting for the chuckle I've come to expect. Makes me wanna smack em.

Hard to explain, but I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh God, I am with you on the people chewing with their mouth open. I can't handle people that make a ton of noise while eating.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love childleashes.

What grinds my gears is FTMs saying "I'll never."
    Right?!
  • Options

Oh God, I am with you on the people chewing with their mouth open. I can't handle people that make a ton of noise while eating.

I am one of those people who chew gum with my mouth wide open.  I haven't figured out how to chew gum like a normal person.  This + a jaw that locks and clicks are why I don't typically chew gum.

My husband has that issue too, that's why he hates gum.

My BIL is possibly the noisiest eater ever. Can't drink something without slurping, and he actually makes "om nom" type noises while biting into things. Then he chews with his mouth open and smacks his lips. I refuse to sit next to him at the dinner table.
  • Options

MegMo10 said:

I love childleashes.

Right?!
    If every ftm could be like LegallyGinger or Daisycat I would love them so much more. Right now my quota for inexperienced know it alls is being met and exceedingly rapid rates and maybe the lack of food is not helping my ftm understanding this week :/

Edit: those are the only two who I can a)spell and b) think of.. I don't hate all FTM's.

*blushes* I try... :)
  • Options
    I was against leashes too, but they are very helpful in crowds. Dd gets to walk and I have peace of mind of not losing her or someone taking her.
  • Options
    kls33145 said:

What grinds my gears...(all I can think of is Peter Griffin!!) is when people talk like idiots!!! When people say "liberry" instead of "library" or "I says" instead of "I said"....there's a ton more but I cringe when people speak like that!!!

I teach first grade and I make sure my students say library....I tell them it's not a type of berry...

I'm a bitch haha

MIL says liberry too, it drives me nuts! "Labtop" is another one... it sits on your LAP people.
  • Options
    What really grinds my gears is when people have a major life event (get married, become pregnant, buy a house, have a child, etc) and suddenly have NO personality or topics of conversation outside of that one thing! Everyone has big, cool things happen but that doesn't mean all your friends want to hear about is every single story involving you son/daughter/husband/house ONLY. I like to think people have more than that one thing that is interesting about their personality. The worst is when you try to steer the conversation to something, anything else and somehow they get it back to their one topic and how you cannot possibly connect with their stories because their husband/wife/kid/dog/whatever is so much more interesting and incredible than anything in your silly life.

Clearly my amount of rambling demonstrates how much this drives me crazy.
    textimage

• Options
    Noisy eaters. There is nothing that gets on my nerves more than noisy eaters.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I love childleashes.

They usually end up eating their words later on.
  • Options
    I have a friend on FB that puts her kid's name on the caption of EVERY photo. "Blake eating." "Blake taking a nap." "Blake playing with pans."
    Everybody knows the kid's name...ok! Drives me nuts.
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• Options
    So I'm a FTM and I'm tired of people telling me that I'll hate cloth diapering.  It's even gotten to the point that I have a friend who told me it would take too much time to CD and she completely disregarded my opinion and began telling me all about her favorite disposables.  Ugh.

I also can't stand people who intentionally misspell words.  I have a Facebook friend I've considered deleting because she's notorious for purposely misspelling lots of things.  The one that really bugs me: TYME.  Are you f-ing kidding me?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    TallAsh said:

kls33145 said:

What grinds my gears...(all I can think of is Peter Griffin!!) is when people talk like idiots!!! When people say "liberry" instead of "library" or "I says" instead of "I said"....there's a ton more but I cringe when people speak like that!!!

I teach first grade and I make sure my students say library....I tell them it's not a type of berry...

I'm a bitch haha

Supposably (supposedly)

I seen

I drunk

And a BIG one that annoys the hell out of me: "would of" instead of "would have" or "would've"

"I would of gone to the liberry, but i seen my neighbor on the way, and supposably the crick was overflowing. Instead, I drunk beer all afternoon until I seen double."

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! My nightmare!!!

Haha I'm happy I'm not the only one.

Also, I'm incredibly impressed at your ability to create those mind numbing sentences.
  • Options
    My biggest pet peeve is when girls say things like "I don't have girl friends they are too much drama" or talk crap about other girls and then again mention how girls are too much drama that's why they hang out with guys!!! Ahhhh seriously you are the drama! There are very few women out there that can "hang with the guys" and actually fit in. My sister tries this but is constantly talking crap about others. I call her on it ALL the time.
  • Options
    I have done many of these things... but I guess we all have character flaws right?

Id like to agree about the over the top fb posts to the spouse. I have someone in my life whose husband contantly writes these way over the top love notes. (Part of me thinks she hacks into his fb account to post or some how forces him to do it)

When did a fb post become romantic? Write that stuff in a card and give it to her. If it was only once in awhile on a birthday or something like that then i get it, but not something that is everday, week, month. Showing people on fb how much you love your spouse makes me give you the side eye. It doesnt seem authentic...and gives them inpression they are over compensating for something.

• Options
    FTM mom here... This may fit into the "I never" category, but I can't stand when moms bring kids to an adult event and in a way, force everyone else to babysit their kids while they socialize. I have a few family members like this and it drives us all nuts knowing we are all going to have to watch their kids swim, hold them, get them lunch because once their mom gets around everyone, she seems to forget she brought four young kids along. And then dad disappears. I'm sure they need a break but that's what hiring a babysitter is for.
  • Options
    MegMo10 said:
    I love childleashes.

Right?!
    Isn't there something you guys said you'd never do , but now do?  All in time, it doesn't bother me.  I'm not about to get smug about it like I know everything.  I was a FTM a year ago.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    I hate when people assume that you SAH because you have a kid. 

I'd probably hate it if I SAH and everyone assumed I worked, though.
    Ha, I get that.  "so what do you do for work?"  "I take care of my kid" "ohhh..... uhm.... ok...."  Nobody knows what to say after that! Like its a huge let down for them or something.  Lol, I love SAH so I just find it a little humorous. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options

kls33145 said:

I'm a bitch haha

MIL says liberry too, it drives me nuts! "Labtop" is another one... it sits on your LAP people.
    My mom says "brats", when she is referring to a singular bratwurst and it drives me batty!! "Here Rachel, would you like a brats?" There's just one on the plate mom, just one.
  • Options
    Holljade said:

I have done many of these things... but I guess we all have character flaws right?

Id like to agree about the over the top fb posts to the spouse. I have someone in my life whose husband contantly writes these way over the top love notes. (Part of me thinks she hacks into his fb account to post or some how forces him to do it)

When did a fb post become romantic? Write that stuff in a card and give it to her. If it was only once in awhile on a birthday or something like that then i get it, but not something that is everday, week, month. Showing people on fb how much you love your spouse makes me give you the side eye. It doesnt seem authentic...and gives them inpression they are over compensating for something.

I totally feel they are overcompensating for something. My SIL and BIL do this all the time. And I always wonder why they want the Facebook world to think their relationship is perfect. What's really going on?
  • Options
    TallAsh said:
    What grinds my gears...(all I can think of is Peter Griffin!!) is when people talk like idiots!!! When people say "liberry" instead of "library" or "I says" instead of "I said"....there's a ton more but I cringe when people speak like that!!! I teach first grade and I make sure my students say library....I tell them it's not a type of berry... I'm a bitch haha
    Supposably (supposedly) I seen I drunk And a BIG one that annoys the hell out of me: "would of" instead of "would have" or "would've" "I would of gone to the liberry, but i seen my neighbor on the way, and supposably the crick was overflowing. Instead, I drunk beer all afternoon until I seen double."
    @TallAsh    You LITERALLY took the words out of my mouth.  As I was reading through this I thought about the "I seen" and the "of" instead of "have" but figured I should keep reading until I get to the end. 

Both of these annoy me to NO end. 
  • Options

Ha, I get that.  "so what do you do for work?"  "I take care of my kid" "ohhh..... uhm.... ok...."  Nobody knows what to say after that! Like its a huge let down for them or something.  Lol, I love SAH so I just find it a little humorous. 

I went to a new doctor earlier this year and while going through my medical history he asked what I do for a living. I told him I am a stay at home mom, to which he replied, "So you're unemployed." Um, NO, jerk. "Unemployed" indicates that I want to work, but can't find a job. I am a stay at home mom by choice, thank you very much!
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • Options
    My MIL mispronounces words all the time, and for some insane, unknown reason, the rest of the family typically follows suit. For example, she pronounces Maggiano's by saying, "Mahggi-oni's." Now, the whole family calls that restaurant by the wrong name, like they're too unintelligent to read the word and figure it out for themselves. Drives me INSANE!!!
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • Options
    megash113 said:

So many of my own were already covered! And I do have to admit, I was a leash kid. I'd use one for my kids if I needed to, and if they're anything like me. 

I hate the looks and questions I get for using a midwife instead of an OB. I can easily explain why, but sometimes I'd just like to not have to. It's not like I'm seeing a shaman, I'm seeing a certified nurse midwife. She knows what she's doing. Please get that horrified look off your face. 

I also hate that I'm going to be the first of my friends (well, my close friends) to have a kid, so they have no idea what's in store. We're trying to plan the bachelorette party for my bff for next summer, and when talking about doing a weekend away, I said that's fine but DH will have to come. He won't partake in the festivities, but he'll have to be there with the baby at the hotel and such, and I won't be able to take part in everything. I know it's important to still be a good friend, but I'm not going to sacrifice being a mom to do that. I'll be there, but I will have to pop in and out occasionally. I think it's making it real for my friends that the Meg they drank to excess with on so many occasions is going away for a while. 
    I went to a bachelorette party when LO was about 4 months. It was out town so I brought DH and DS with me. All the day time things I did with them and the night time DH stayed with baby. I couldn't get crazy drunk because I was nursing and in case I had to go to room before if baby didn't take a bottle. Thankfully all the girls were super understanding and the bride is actually one DH's good friends so she didn't mind him around. We had a blast and I still could be mommy. I couldn't imagine leaving him for a weekend that little.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I went to a new doctor earlier this year and while going through my medical history he asked what I do for a living. I told him I am a stay at home mom, to which he replied, "So you're unemployed." Um, NO, jerk. "Unemployed" indicates that I want to work, but can't find a job. I am a stay at home mom by choice, thank you very much!

That's obnoxious.

I think any drama for moms that work or stay home is obnoxious. I got on a friends case, he was trying to give me kudos for staying home. Which I appreciate but was then putting down working moms. I had to explain that my staying home was in no way a put down for working moms. And how easy it must be a for a single, childless, man to judge a woman for choosing to work or not. Gets on my freaking nerves!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would rather see a kid on a leash than their face on missing child poster, just saying.
    And yes, I told that to the young teenage punk who loudly judged me in the mall for using a leash on my child.
    And most things "grinds my gears" these days. I'm so irritable lol :-w
  • Options

That's obnoxious.

I think any drama for moms that work or stay home is obnoxious. I got on a friends case, he was trying to give me kudos for staying home. Which I appreciate but was then putting down working moms. I had to explain that my staying home was in no way a put down for working moms. And how easy it must be a for a single, childless, man to judge a woman for choosing to work or not. Gets on my freaking nerves!

It sometimes feels like "Damned if you do, damned if you don't", when it comes to working/staying home. I've heard so many snide comments from both sides of the spectrum. I've heard women who stay home make comments along the line like "well she HAS to work", like, husbands not doing a suitable job providing....so shes looked at with pity. Or if its the case where a woman chooses to work, because she feels rewarded by her career, suddenly she's selfish, not sacrificing enough for her family. BS.

Or on the other side when a woman stays home it's the "oh so you don't work"...um, actually yes, I do work, and its the HARDEST job I've ever had. Its 24/7 and demanding and thankless and payless, but its also equally rewarding and the best decision our family ever made.

Oh motherhood in the 21st century.
  • Options
    People who don't participate/help because "it's not their job/responsibility" and otherwise just sit around.  This behavior can be seen at the office or in the home.  Drives. Me. Nuts.  
  • Options
    I have to say in regards to the SAHM and the working moms, I love working, I have worked and gone to school since my son was a baby. I give kudos to both. I get to be home with my son in the summers but I get to work most of the year. I'm doubting I will enjoy being off for my whole mat leave and probably going to go back early. I think SAH is to each his own, some people want to and can't some people can and do and some people can't but want to. 

My pregnancy UO, is I hate feeling sick constantly and hiding my pregnancy because of the politics of my job. It sucks! This is the first time that I can celebrate and I have to hide it until nearly ha;f way through at least. I hate being discriminated against because I am pregnant. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Technically you're suppose to take the poop out of sposie diapers, says so right on the box... Human waste shouldn't be put in landfills.
    If it's plopable, I plop it into the toilet. 

Not sure how this is supposed to work for poops before they start solids.  It's just not possible to not put that in the toilet.
    They sell diaper sprayers. You can use them for disposables and cloth. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't stand mouth breathers. I understand if you are sick, but otherwise close your mouth! Also my students call it "sodie" instead of soda or pop....

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"