October 2013 Moms
Options

STMs: stained baby clothes from LO1?

As I was going through the newborn/0-3 month bin of DS's clothes, I noticed that some of the clothes have yellowed stains on them. These were not there when I packed the clothes away; I washed everything before packing it away and got rid of stuff that was badly stained.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips on getting these "new" stains out?

Re: STMs: stained baby clothes from LO1?

• Options
    I just went through some of our stuff from my son and noticed new stains too. I've seen some articles on Pinterest in how to get them out but honestly didnt pay much attention last time I saw them because didnt realize I'd need the information haha. So check Pinterest and google, that's what I'll be doing here soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Options
    Thanks! I guess time really brings out the spit-up/blow-out stains. Lovely.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes. I had a ton of this. I was able to get MOST of them out using a combo of dawn dish soap and cascade powder (mix it together to make a paste). Let it sit for awhile, then wash as normal. I had to do this a few times for some outfits, and then, there were some that just didn't come out at all. But I saved at least 75% of the clothes with that. 

Dumb question- is cascade powder for the dishwasher or laundry detergent?

Some of the outfits/jammies are SO cute :((
  • Options
    I just put a bunch of baby stuff in the wash and sprayed it with stain spray and added bleach for colors. Crossing my fingers it works!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes. I had a ton of this. I was able to get MOST of them out using a combo of dawn dish soap and cascade powder (mix it together to make a paste). Let it sit for awhile, then wash as normal. I had to do this a few times for some outfits, and then, there were some that just didn't come out at all. But I saved at least 75% of the clothes with that. 

Dumb question- is cascade powder for the dishwasher or laundry detergent?

Some of the outfits/jammies are SO cute :((

Dishwasher. It comes in a big green box. 

Thanks! That's what i thought you meant (and i think we use liquid cascade, but i am too lazy to get off the couch and check...sorry!)
  • Options
    I am soaking in Oxyclean and hot water right now. Do you all plan on washing all the clothes you had stored away or just the stained ones? I am trying to decide what to do.
  • Options

I am soaking in Oxyclean and hot water right now. Do you all plan on washing all the clothes you had stored away or just the stained ones? I am trying to decide what to do.

I'm going to wash everything I plan on using. It's been in storage for almost 2 years and even though it was in closed tubs, that kinda grosses me out...
  • Options
    Any previous stain that you may have gotten out can reappear bc of lack of air flow in the bins. But overnight soaks should take them out!! Look up some solutions online!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Any previous stain that you may have gotten out can reappear bc of lack of air flow in the bins. But overnight soaks should take them out!! Look up some solutions online!

Good to know, thanks!!
  • Options
    I used shout stain spray, let it sit for a day and then did a scoop of oxiclean in the wash. I ran the load a second time with my normal baby wash routine to get out any residual chemicals that baby might be sensitive to. There were only 3 pieces that still had staining after that so I stuck those out in the sun for an hour or two and now they look fine!

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"