February 2013 Moms
Options

Thermometer

What's your method for taking temp. I have four thermometers and they always give me different readings. I have the digital one the hospital sent home, we use it rectally. I have a Vicks rectal thermometer that takes a temp in 8 seconds or less. I have the forehead one that I must be too stupid too work and I borrowed my sisters ear thermometer. The Vicks always reads the highest, by a degree over the other digital and both rectal ones read one to two degrees higher than the other two. What am I missing. Last night baby boy had a high temp, 102+ and I was so frustrated trying to figure what his actual temp was. Seriously, I feel dumb. Thank you for your help without making me feel dumb! Haha
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thermometer

• Options
    We use a digital one, under the arm.  It takes FOREVER though, so we may look at getting something that's faster.

• Options
    I have the forehead one and loved it as soon as I figured it out (which took me longer than it should have). I would recommend spending a couple minutes seeing if you can get it to work and then see which method you prefer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have both the digital one from the hospital and the ear one.  I used the ear one while I was sick and it was pretty dang accurate (I used it when I was better too, and it measured my actual normal temperature correctly, which is 97.8).  Allegedly, the hospital ones are the most accurate, so I would depend on that one.

• Options
    Vick's rectal

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"