Detroit Babies
Options

Work-at-home Moms

Hi!  I'm 13 weeks along and I telecommute.  I kind of feel a little isolated already (my family lives far away), so I'd like to hook up with some other WAHMs in the north-west 'burbs!  I live in Novi at Grand River and Haggerty.  Also, if you work at home and have already had a baby (or a few!), how easy/difficult was it to get back to working once your Bun was out of the Oven?

Re: Work-at-home Moms

• Options

Hi! congrats!! I don't work at home but I stay at home. I live in your area-Farmington Hills. I have joined a swim class for DS and I. I just joined a mom's group in F.H. I have some friends on here- different boards and we get together for lunch or shopping etc.

What about getting in a pregnancy exercise class? Maybe you could meet people there that are in your same shoes. HTH!

imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The pregnancy exercise class is a great idea as I love the prenatal yoga class I am taking at The Livonia Rec Center.  I work full time, but it is nice to network with local moms going through the whole process!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live at Grand River and Haggerty also!  I'm in Olde Orchard Condos (at least until we can sell our condo).  I'm not a work at home mom, but I wouldn't mind getting together with others.  I'm going to look into the prenatal yoga class at the Livonia Rec Center that someone else mentioned.  I've been looking for a class and haven't been able to find one within Novi. 
  • Options
    Hi, I live at Grand River and Haggerty too!   I work full time, but not in my home so I can't really answer your question.   But, I thought i'd respond anyways because we both live in the same area.   It was pretty easy getting back to work, it's just an adjustment.  Make sure you find a good daycare, I can recommend mine if you need one.  email me if you have any questions, jshartz786@hotmail.com or if you need advice.  
  • Options

Awesome!  You ladies are great!  I'd love to get together sometime.  Will you join me over at MichiganMamas?  There's a SE Michigan group (and the board is a little easier to navigate than this one... it's smaller) and we can plan a get-together (or ten!).

https://www.michiganmamas.com/

I promise, I'm not trying to just push this site.  I've just found it to be useful.  ^_^

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"