Trying to Get Pregnant

Can't stop smiling!!!!

Was ready to pull the trigger on Clomid next month after more than a year of trying and look what happened today:

Re: Can't stop smiling!!!!

• Htle07Htle07 member
    edited August 2013
    Congrats! Btw, what do you teach? I teach K.
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!!! :)
    Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010
    Married September 2010
    TTC August 2013
    BFP #1 05/12/2014 - EDD 01/11/2015

• Was ready to pull the trigger on Clomid next month after more than a year of trying and look what happened today:

Cool story bro, maybe we will get to know you better next time when you participate in more threads than just the ones you started.
  • Real nice, thanks a lot. Sorry I don't have tons of time to be on here all day. Of course I've only been on here to ask questions since I have no children or experience to share yet.
  • Congrats!

~*~ TTC Baby #2 ~*~
    Me: 30 
    DF: 29 DS: 10
    Angel Babies: July, September, and December 2013

My Ovulation Chart

• BigPICKLEBigPICKLE member
    edited August 2013
    Real nice, thanks a lot. Sorry I don't have tons of time to be on here all day. Of course I've only been on here to ask questions since I have no children or experience to share yet.

No offense but why not go to 1st Tri or a BMB then? Also you could have at least provided some details about what you did. Were you temping? Using OPKs? What days did you have sex? Do anything special like drink green tea?
  • Congrats!
    TEACHER*ANIMAL LOVER*BOOK ENTHUSIAST*TRAVEL DREAMER
    married since July 2009, TTC since May 2013, BFP April 5, 2014! 
    IT'S A BOY!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
    image   gifs leonardo dicaprio romeo + juliet
    Summer Dog/Winter Dog    D14 AUG. SIGGY CHALLENGE: TEEN CRUSH- LEO

• Congrats!
    IT'S A BOY!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Congrats!
    IT'S A BOY!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Yay!  Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Sorry for the repeat posts... Mobile sucks!
    IT'S A BOY!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Congrats! HH9. Maybe you can edit your OP and add what worked for you this cycle. Just nice to know.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Congratulations!!!! Hope you have a happy and healthy nine months!!!
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Congrats! What a nice surprise. :)

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• duncs107duncs107 member
    edited August 2013
    ...congrats.

Were you going to ask your obgyn for clomid after just a year?
  • Congrats.

BabyFetus Ticker

Savannah Mommy and Daddy can't wait to meet you.

BabyName Ticker

• Congratulations on your BFP!!!

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Congrats!  And good luck with the new school year!
  • She offered it. I have friends who've been on it before the year mark. All depends on the individual.
  • This is so interesting. Thank you to those of you who clicked on the topic to give the response that I was hoping for...some genuine happiness. I reached out here because I am excited about the news but am waiting to share with all of the people in my life, as I think most would. I think it's funny that some of the people who bother to respond say they want to know more about me (what exactly do you want to know? You know something most people don't right now) but respond with a negative, turn-off attitude. Is that really worthwhile to you? Spending your "brain-power" on? Will probably not be back. Thanks Bump.
  • duncs107duncs107 member
    edited August 2013

This is so interesting. Thank you to those of you who clicked on the topic to give the response that I was hoping for...some genuine happiness. I reached out here because I am excited about the news but am waiting to share with all of the people in my life, as I think most would. I think it's funny that some of the people who bother to respond say they want to know more about me (what exactly do you want to know? You know something most people don't right now) but respond with a negative, turn-off attitude. Is that really worthwhile to you? Spending your "brain-power" on? Will probably not be back. Thanks Bump.

Oh good grief.
    :)>-
  • melissamellomelissamello member
    edited August 2013
    You think it's funny people want to know more about you?

You're sharing something pretty personal with a bunch of strangers, why wouldn't we want to know more about you? "hey guys I'm pregnant!" Oh ok cool... I don't know anything about you other than you're pregnant.

While I'm happy for you.. you're expecting strangers to jump for joy?

Congrats anyway.

Eta: forgot a word
    Together since 2/4/05 :: Married since 10/6/12
    Parents to a furbaby named Moosey
    BFP: 8/20/13   EDD: 5/2/14
  • lookame3639lookame3639 member
    edited August 2013
    What everyone is asking for is sonething that can help them. Are we glad you are pregnant? Yeah but at the same time we would like some help as well. Maybe you ate pineapple core 2 days after O that may help someone on here who didnt know that pineapple core helps implantation or maybe you tried acupuncture or you drank much more water and some green tea, maybe you just timed sex right or you charted or maybe you didnt chart at all and just enjoyed this month. If it helped you it may help someone else. We also enjoy hearing how you told your husband and his reaction. Just out of curiosity why dont you want us to know anymore about you?

At any rate its very exciting you are pregnant! Have a happy and healthy 9 mos.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • congrats!
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Congrats and have a H&H 9 months.

me 28-DH 30
    dated DH - 2001
    married DH- 4/4/2009
    off BC & TTC - March 2013 
    diagnosed with PCOS on July 29, 2013
    SA-  low sperm count, low motility, and forward progression 
    Medicated cycle #1 with 100mg clomid cycle (October 3)-  No ovulation or mature follies were present on U/S day 14. IUI was cancelled.
    BFP on 11/23/13!! Due date is July 20, 2014!
    Yeah! DH and I did it on our own without any treatments or procedures. We are excited about our miracle baby.
  • rtv3rtv3 member
    OP, would you walk up to a group of complete strangers in the mall and tell them that you're pregnant? If you did would you expect them to jump up and down with joy for you? No. So why would you do that here?

Also, Clomid is a dangerous drug to be on (lots of neg. side effects) and I would side-eye any OB that would recommend it without a really good reason. But then, maybe you have a good reason. I don't know. Because I don't know you.

Congrats on your BFP and enjoy 1st Tri and your BMB.
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Cool beans.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• This was the best piece of news I have read all day. Thank you for bringing sunshine and rainbows into my life. Can I put a picture of your dear little wee one in my signature line?
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m81kijAFi61qzfsnio1_500.png
  • Congrats OP. While I tend to agree that knowing something about people before congratulating them on a BFP is pretty standard, I am not understanding the Clomid judgies.  First of all, it's irrelevant at this point, and secondly, it's pretty standard after a year to look at testing and treatment for IF.  After all, TTC for 12+ months is considered IF, so I would deem that a pretty "good reason." While I would NEVER encourage someone to use Clomid without all the proper testing, I feel like jumping on her about that is stretching and not necessary. Anyways, congrats, and GL to you!

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Wasn't Pamela banned...?

I thought so too, but I guess not. She's got -19 points, though. How does that happen?

Having an identity crisis due to the new Bump 

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and DX with endo. 6/16

Blogging to stay sane

• Was it spelled Slamela before?
  • I don't know you but I have no problems congratulating you :-) I'd even congratulate the stranger that may indeed run up to me at the mall! Congrats girl and best of luck to your growing family!
    Me: 33; Him: 32
    TTC Since July 2013
    DS: Gabriel (born Aug. 1999)

• Htle07 said:

Congrats! Btw, what do you teach? I teach K.

Me too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"