Tennessee Babies

Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge

Anyone familiar with LeConte Medical Center LD?

I've been looking for reviews and what to expect, from someone with some type of firsthand experience, but I haven't found anything useful. I'd appreciate any feedback! Thank you!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers BabyName Ticker

Re: Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge

• I went there before I switched to a midwife in knoxville. They're a great office. They were very very quick to take care of us no matter what was going on. I had bleeding one day and they had me in to be seen within 20 minutes of be calling. There are 4 of them in the practice and all the doctors are pretty nice. I never had to wait long at all either!

My only two complaints were- 1) They don't do ultrasounds in the office. They have a machine but they only do transvaginal ones. They'll send you to someone else for the u/s, which isn't really a big deal (its in the same hospital), but if could be frustrating if you have to have a lot of u/s.  2) They don't really tell you what to expect or whats coming up at the next appointment. So if you're not educated on what to expect or whats happening in your pregnancy, you'd have no idea what was going on. Once you get further along they may talk to you more. I switched out of the office at the beginning of third tri so I'm not sure how their care is during that time. 

As just a regular GYN, they were great. I was a patient there for 6 years. I decided to switch to my midwife for my GYN services as well though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you have any specific questions I can try to answer them! =) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much! I agree 100 about the office. I do really enjoy my doctors at the Women's Center.

I was curious about the actually delivery at the hospital and what is the mandatory stay for c/section, and any funky policies. I'm not usually worried but my husband, military, won't be there after 24hrs and I'm flying solo after that. My dad is my mother's care giver and will also be watching my DS. Just want to make sure I pack an adequate hospital bag. I'm sorry kinda stressing lol thank you again!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers BabyName Ticker
  • I had my first baby there (before the new hospital was built) and everything was wonderful!!!! I absolutely love Dr. Love and would be delivering there again with him if we had not moved an hour away and have a hospital 10 mins from the house.

I can't speak to any if their current policies since it had been a while since my first, but their birthing suites are really nice and I couldn't have asked for a better delivery or care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"