Boston Babies
Options

Dr. Hamlin/ Mt. Auburn Hospital???

Anyone here have experience with Dr. Cheryl Hamlin OBGYN? Thinking of using her as my doctor. This is our 1st pregnancy. Any experience with her or Mount Auburn Hospital? Thanks.

Re: Dr. Hamlin/ Mt. Auburn Hospital???

• Options
    imbchuimbchu member
    Hi and congrats! I met Dr. Hamlin briefly when I was going to be induced at MAH. The beds were full so we ended up going home but Dr. Hamlin was nice and explained what we should do.

All the drs affiliated w. the hospital that we interacted with were great but the nurses are really the ones who will be with you throughout your labor and delivery. My obgyn is Dr D'Avenas. Her bedside manner is quirky to some but she was already my gynecologist. I didn't mind her and love the staff at Fresh Pond Women's Health. There is a younger dr that is on staff there I saw a lot who was great too. Her name is long and I cannot remember how to spell it. EarleKruiksheimer something or other. I can't look it up now and the spelling is all wrong but she's young and has a nice bedside manner. Dr. Cooke delivered our baby. I believe she is out of the Lexington office and the sole male dr was the first one on call. We really liked him too. Basically you cannot go wrong with MAH. I suggest you go to one of the Meet the Doctors evenings at the hospital to scope out the doctors and choose one based on their personalities and office location.

Sorry I can't remember all of the names but it had been a long day. I would be more than happy to answer your specific ?s about the hospital though. Feel free to PM me. I live far from the hospital but loved it so much that I plan on delivering there again for baby 2 someday! Good luck. smile
  • Options
    I'll be delivering there this week.  Dr. Esther Yun at the Center for Women is my OB.  I love that practice, and the hospital.  I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new OB.  I rotate between the Dr. and a RNP, Judy Mullins who I also enjoy seeing.  They are both very caring, kind, and answer any question with respect.  I've had Dr's not like questions or who just think I should do what they say because they are the Dr.  This practice is not like that at all.  They are very informative and supportive.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    very helpful post! I have been thinking about MAH and D'Avenas myself! My primary suggested her. I was initially thinking of Brigham and Women's hospital because I had a successful procedure done there a year ago and it was pleasant, considering why I was there. We live in Cambridge but I'm thinking that if we move it might be easier to get to Mount Auburn instead of the Longwood area in an emergency.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• Options
    I see Dr. Bindiya Stancampiano in Watertown through the Mount Auburn practice there.  She is awesome.  I had a wonderful 6 day experience at Mount Auburn after I delivered DD by C section in 2011.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm getting to this post late, but I second the recommendation for Dr. Esther Yun! She's great!
    Twins November 2012!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"