2nd Trimester

Placenta Previa

Has anyone been diagnosed with full PP. The U/S tech told me today that since its completely over the birth canal that it won't move up so I will have to have a c-section. I really do not want a CS. I have had 2 normal deliveries and would like this one to be vag as well.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Placenta Previa

• Sorry to hear that.  I'd also be disappointed.  But at least you'd be scheduled for your C-section, so no guessing the birthday.  :)  Try to be positive, you'll get your healthy baby a the end of the day.

• I just got the phone call today, saying that I'm full PP.  I'm 20 weeks and 4 days along.  I'm worried that it won't resolve, but I know that if it doesn't that the health of my baby and I are the most important thing.  I really don't want to plan for a c-section, but of course will do this if it is needed.  I'm more worried about going into labor early and baby not being ready to join our world.
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't give up yet on the idea of a natutal delivery. I had PP diagnosed at 20 weeks with my first and it resolved by delivery! GL!!
  • Thanks ladies. I'm trying to have hope it will move. But it doesn't help the the U/S tech told me it wouldn't move up bc of how it's sitting. She said if it was off to the side some them it would and mine isn't.
  • juleskeim said:

jessika17 said:

Has anyone been diagnosed with full PP. The U/S tech told me today that since its completely over the birth canal that it won't move up so I will have to have a c-section. I really do not want a CS. I have had 2 normal deliveries and would like this one to be vag as well.

Do not give up hope! I had a complete previa diagnosed at 20, it didn't nude at 26+6. At 31+6, it was marginal, 1.7 cm away. At 35+6, it was 3.5 cm away and clear for a vaginal delivery! Do not lose hope! Pm me if you need anything.
    Thank you!!! I'll have to ask at 20 weeks how far away my placenta is. And hopefully it continues to move up each U/S.
  • I got diagnosed with complete previa at 15 weeks. I'm hoping it moves before delivery.
  • I am nervous for Monday/ultrasound day. Ill be 19 weeks. Had some bleeding early on and they did an ultrasound and said I had placenta previa, but will find out at this ultrasound if its still in the same place. I will have a c-section anyway, but I read that PP can cause premature labor and/or more bleeding during c-section :(

Good luck. Hope yours has moved up. I haven't had any bleeding. And I'm trying not to read anything online bc it's just making me more upset.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"