October 2012 Moms
Options

WTF IL's?

Today they called DH to ask if he was upset with them because we decided to take the kids and go away for the weekend. Friday is DHs bday and we're both off so we're leaving tomorrow night. MIL was complaining because she makes a cake every year and wanted us to hang out at her house all day Sunday. Wahh wahh wahh.

They always make me feel like Bailey isn't good enough. They've been talking about how she should be walking at 7 months (because DH was running at 7 months-lies I'm sure) since she was born. Well MIL was asking if she's walking yet when she called and DH said no and she went on about how her coworkers kid is 2 days younger and walked.

We went to their house tonight and DH mentioned Bailey being tall. MIL said something about it possibly affecting her balance and FIL says "oh maybe that's what's wrong with her"

I got SO mad. There is NOTHING wrong with her!!! She's only 10 months old. I shouldn't let them get to me but this hurt.

Re: WTF IL's?

• Options
    DH told me not to let it bother me, but it just does. I wanted to scream (and just because I can on here now...) SHUT THE FUCK UPPPPPP!!!!!

• Options
    I'm sorry. I second the book.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.

His dad is known for making ridiculous comments. When he made this one I got really defensive and said, "wrong with her? She's only 10 months old! There's nothing wrong with her." And he responded with something like "well, you know, why she isn't walking yet..." And I was so mad that I didn't say anything else.

Then they were trying to make her stand and walk and after a few mins I could tell Bailey was over it. But they kept going and going so I swooped in and picked her up.

They're ridiculous. I can't deal. Everytime its something else...

• Options
    Aww I'm so sorry they're being ridiculous! My DD wasn't crawling until a few weeks ago and I was so scared something was wrong with her because my friends DD walked at 7 months. But my ILs assured me she was perfect and some babies take longer than others, enjoy it while we can! Your DD is perfect and she'll walk when she's ready!

• Options
    @stephcarter you have more patience than I could ever even imagine.  Don't pay attention to their BS...think of how DUMB it actually sounds and laugh it off...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah they're idiots. I actually don't believe any baby walks at 7 months unless I see it myself :)
    ha..this reminds me...My grandmother tells me that my mom started talking when she was 6 months old.  Now, I love my mom, I think she's super smart, but there's no way I believe she started TALKING at 6 months.  Maybe my grandmother understands baby babble?  she's very  talented ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't walk until after I was one year old and that hasn't affected my adult life one little bit. Pretty sure it didn't even affect my toddler life :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.

@BandEddie YESSSSS IFLY!!!

It's not the fact that she isn't walking that bothers me, I'm totally not worried about it and in no rush. She'll walk when she's ready (ill never be ready for that though!). It's the fact that he said "wrong with her" that made me so angry.

• Options
    Thanks @ThisisBrea!! I agree!

• Options
    @stephcarter my aunt told me a month ago that Emma wasn't walking because I hold her to much! That her son was standing at 4 months and went on to tell me he rode a bike without training wheels when he was 2. I flat out told her it was complete bullshit and she was remembering wrong. I get so mad when people criticize her for dumb stuff.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    You know what's horrible, and I hate saying it (but thats what you guys are for, right?) but they seem to think SD is a prodigy, and she isn't. She's very immature for her age, struggles in school, and has a horrible attitude. But DD will never be good enough for them! In no way am I trying to say DD is better than SD, but how can they think so highly of SD without treating DD the same way? I don't get it. It's so frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"