March 2012 Moms
Options

Ugh out of season clothes

Dd is still comfy in 12 mos clothes except pants which are ridiculously short. I just pulled the bigger clothes stash out and found several 18 mos dresses and rompers that are very summer. Boo. I guess she will wear these for the rest of the season :/ at least I found them before they couldn't be worn at all.
image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Ugh out of season clothes

• Options
    We have the same problem! The Grandparents have been going crazy buying DD 18 month clothes since Christmas, but she's still in 12 month. The 18 month are still way too big! It makes me sad because we actually have way more summer clothes in 18 months than we do in 12 months and she's not going to be able to wear any of them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Excited30 said:
    I have the opposite problem over here.  Dd is growing like a weed.  She's almost totally out of 18-24 mo clothes and wears mostly 2T or 3T.  How the heck does this happen???? She's only 16.5mo.  I just went through her closet today and drawers and pulled out a bunch of things that don't fit.  Now I can see were all the holes in her wardrobe for fall are.  It feels refreshing, but makes me sad.  I actually came out of her bedroom feeling a bit teary.  I said to my husband, "Where did my baby go?"  *sniff sniff*
    oh my goodness, you do have a weed!  DD was outgrowing everything in height for a while, but kind of stalled out in 12 mos.  The 12 mo pants look like capris, but otherwise she could stay in 12 mos for a while.
    image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is still in 9mo for pants and some shirts. 12mo for some shirts and her dresses. No one buys us clothes anymore so we don't have the problem of wrong size, wrong season anymore. That was very frustrating last year.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    DS is still wearing 9-12 month pants and shorts (though a lot of 12 month shorts are still way too long for him).  I realized today that he was wearing a pair of shorts that are 6-9 months that he actually wore at the end of last summer too!  He can wear 12 month or 18 month t-shirts, though some of the 12 month ones are starting to get a little short.  

He got a bunch of cold weather type outfits in 18 month for his birthday back in Feb and I figured he wouldn't be able to wear them because he'd be in that clothing range during the summer (he'll be 18 months in a couple of weeks) but it looks like he will be fine, since at this point 18 month pants are waaaaay too long for him!  He's a shortie lol!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    If only all kids would grow the same size, so we didn't have to worry about what clothes to buy for what season! Or maybe we need to move to a state where the weather is always warm. 

My DD is 19 months and wears some 12 months clothes (especially shirts) and 18 month pants--she needs the length. We like to buy at the consignment store, but even there, I don't like to waste money on clothes I think she'll fit into at a certain age and then don't. I heard they stay at the T sizes longer (3T, 4T), so I feel a little better buying those clothes for different seasons, but I'm just never sure. I keep hoping for a little extra growth spurt, since she's always been so tiny, but I just don't see it happening if it hasn't yet.
  • Options
    I swear since I originally posted this dd grew an inch. Overnight her 12 mo shirts show off her midriff. It is crazy! I guess I'm changing out her shirts and pants this weekend. The dresses, skirts and shorts still fit so we will have a random mix of clothes for a while.
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"