January 2014 Moms
Options

Puking in shower - help?

Anyone else dealing with this?  EVERY. FUCKING. MORNING.  Any tips to help are greatly appreciated, otherwise I'm going to end up taking a bath at night instead, and while I love the bath, I just don't feel as clean afterwards.  Please help!

Re: Puking in shower - help?

• Options

Ugh, that reminds me of my college drinking days! lol

Are you eating anything in the morning before your shower? Maybe something light (toast) would be enough to keep your stomach settled?

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Options
    I still get nauseous in the morning before I eat something (puked today!) Are you eating breakfast before taking a shower?  If not, maybe that will help.  Also, this sounds weird, but I'm partly convinced that at this point half my battle with morning sickness is in my head.  I just have to think that something smells bad, or walk into a place that made me gag earlier on, and I start gagging again.  
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Could your soap/body wash be making you sick? I went to my parent's house a couple of weeks ago, and the smell of the strong, lavendar body wash made me puke in the shower.

Also, a good friend of mine had this same problem when she was pregnant with her first child. She went a few days without showering, because she didn't want to deal with it. But her husband politely pointed out she needed to bathe, so she forced herself. From what she was telling me, there was nothing that made it better for her.

Maybe it will go away with time.

Good luck.

Me: 30  DH: 34  Us: Est. 2009 (Dating) // 2013 (Married)
    DD1: 12/26/2013  DD2: 08/03/2016  DS1: 05/10/2018  Baby #4: EDD 11/22/2020 (Team Green)
  • Options
    No suggestions, but I feel your pain.  I gag / throw up every time I brush my teeth in the morning.  It's driving me INSANE, and nothing has worked to stop it.  Almost halfway...

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• Options

I was having the same problem, and realized it was a smell in the bathroom. I am much better now about keeping the trash out, scrubbing the toilet, and opening windows at night.

The other thing I did was call the dr, since I only started throwing up at 17 weeks (weird, I know), and I got a prescription for medicine. I started taking it with a late night snack, at like 10-midnight (only threw up in the mornings, the medicine works for 8 hours). That all has helped a TON.

********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Options

Thanks ladies.  So far it seems like the humidity is whats doing it (partly because it causes me to generate more mucus and saliva, which then just starts the cycle).  I tried toast when the m/s was bad, but its been a while, maybe I'll try that again. 

@SunflowersBride I definitely agree that at times it is closely linked to my mind.  Once I GET sick or nauseous, its a mental battle to get over it and not gag at anything, luckily it doesn't START it my mind.  Of course, the more I try to battle it in my mind, the worse it gets at that point in time. 

• Options
    wedbliss5 said:

Thanks ladies.  So far it seems like the humidity is whats doing it (partly because it causes me to generate more mucus and saliva, which then just starts the cycle).  I tried toast when the m/s was bad, but its been a while, maybe I'll try that again. 

@SunflowersBride I definitely agree that at times it is closely linked to my mind.  Once I GET sick or nauseous, its a mental battle to get over it and not gag at anything, luckily it doesn't START it my mind.  Of course, the more I try to battle it in my mind, the worse it gets at that point in time. 

Could turning down your water temp and opening a window help? Or even bringing a fan into the bathroom to put nearby for air circulation?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @LimeDrops No, window, but I do keep the door open to the bathroom and have to open the shower door at times to let the cool air in.  Haven't tried to cooler water, so I'll try that and see.  Thanks!

• Options
    I don't have trouble with this but I am a bath person. I have noticed when I do take showers that the heat can make me feel sick and I would have to keep breathing outside of the shower curtain. I would suggest eating something just before bed and upon waking. Also try a shower that's not so hot and maybe put ice water to sip in there with you or just outside the shower. I hope you find what works for you!
  • Options
    Ugh sorry everyone's still dealing with this. Not sure if you have the time but maybe if you eat a small snack and give your tummy time to 'wake up' and your brain time to wake up and settle in to the day that could help? I still feel a little queesy in the mornings but find that if I have time to take it slow and let my head settle, I feel ok pretty quickly. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I still get nauseous in the morning before I eat something (puked today!) Are you eating breakfast before taking a shower?  If not, maybe that will help.  Also, this sounds weird, but I'm partly convinced that at this point half my battle with morning sickness is in my head.  I just have to think that something smells bad, or walk into a place that made me gag earlier on, and I start gagging again.  
    Me too!!!

• Options
    wedbliss5 said:

This exact thing started for me about week 12- I am a sahm, and noticed it only happened days when I got right up and in the shower. Something with me being plugged up and the steam of the shower....so now on days when I have to get up and go, I have my coffee first....then the shower doesn't bother me! Hope this ends for you soon!
  • Options
    It's the heat that does it to me, I think. You aren't alone.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    vstevens said:
    No suggestions, but I feel your pain.  I gag / throw up every time I brush my teeth in the morning.  It's driving me INSANE, and nothing has worked to stop it.  Almost halfway...
    @vstevens - squeeze your fists tight enough that you feel your nails dig in your palm while you are brushing.  I saw this as a solution on The Doctors and it seemed to help the girl! 

• Options
    It might not be the same for you. ...but I was having problems with gagging and dry heaving that started about week 12 because of mucus in my throat... turns out it was heartburn. 2 days on zantac at 300mg per day (dr prescribed) cured me..
    I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My trick is to take a large cup or bucket of really cold water in with me and dump a little on my face every time I feel it coming on. Something about the cold water makes me feel way better. When its really bad I also will take a bath and when i'm ready to get out turn on the shower do a quick rinse and get out. Hope this helps
    DD#1 6 DD#2-3  4 Baby #4 EDD 01/08/2014 Team Green  BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Omg that sounds AWEFUL! I haven't had anything like that, but when I was having nausea and getting sick it always helped me to eat something 30 before I got out of bed. I liked animal crackers, maybe you could get them or have your DH make your some toast. Feel better XX

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• Options
    wedbliss5 said:

This exact thing started for me about week 12- I am a sahm, and noticed it only happened days when I got right up and in the shower. Something with me being plugged up and the steam of the shower....so now on days when I have to get up and go, I have my coffee first....then the shower doesn't bother me! Hope this ends for you soon!
    I only get sick when I shower before work.  I think getting up earlier and having a snack helps.  I also sit down in the shower when I feel it coming on and that seems to help.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    vstevens said:

I don't actually love this-but I agree with it. I never puked except at 13 weeks and 15 weeks and only right after brushing my teeth early in the morning.

___________________________________________________________________________________________ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    vstevens said:
    @vstevens - squeeze your fists tight enough that you feel your nails dig in your palm while you are brushing.  I saw this as a solution on The Doctors and it seemed to help the girl! 
    OMG thank you!  I'm definitely going to try this tomorrow morning!

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• Options
    I've noticed in general that the hotter I am and the hungrier I am the more my M/S shows up.  I switched to cooler water and having a cold ginger ale in the bathroom with me. 

M/C April 2005
    M/C July 2006
    BFP 9/28/12
    M/C 10/9/12
    10/30/12 diagnosed with Lupus Anticoagulation
    TTC again 3/11/13
    BFP 5/23/13!! Due Jan 29 with twin boys!

October Siggy Challenge ~ Baby Hitler

• Options
    I adore baths!!! I can soak in them for hours if I was able to. The catch is, I turn the detatachble shower head on and while it warms up I soap myself up. Then when it's ready, I rinse off really quickly. Baths are a treat in my house. Showers happen every day but once a week... I get my long bath while the hubs watches DS! There is no way I could get out of a tub without a least a pitcher of hot water to wash bath water off. Eeew.
  • Options
    I agree with trying cooler water. Or showering at night. That seemed to help me
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Quick, cold showers worked for me.
  • Options
    If it is a mucus thing maybe try chewing gum while you shower to keep your swallow reflex going? Or use some of the vicks shower things?
  • Options
    I was the exact same. I threw up every single morning in the shower. I tried toast, crackers, water and nothing worked. I found that eating something with sugar helped me. I eat a Granny Smith apple as soon as I wake up and now I don't puke in the shower. I do however still dry heave while brushing my teeth, but clenching my fists works pretty good for that. Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"