August 2012 Moms
Options

Poppy (car seat question)

In your opinion, is it safer to have the car seat installed in the center seat using the seatbelt or have the car seat on one of the outer seats using LATCH? Does it matter? Is there a difference? I feel like every car I walk by has their car seat on one of the side seats, but I have mine in the middle. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poppy (car seat question)

• Options

Sorry, I'm not Poppy either, but we have ours on the side because that's where we could get the best/tightest fit.  The police officer who checked it told us to prioritize fit and tightness over position in the car. 

BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    Honestly, the safest place for the seat is where it has the best fit. Yes, statistically the center is the safest in the event of a side impact accident, but the outer seats are fine. Personally, I have my seat installed behind the passenger seat using LATCH because that's where I got the best fit.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's nice and tight with the seatbelt and hardly moves at all, I was just curious about the actual positioning. I have a toyota camry, so if I were to put it behind a seat, it would definitely make the person sitting in front of the carseat scootch way way way forward. Thank you all for your responses!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Remember that if your back seat has 6 anchors, you have a designated center LATCH. If it only has 4, you likely don't.

• Options
    Remember that if your back seat has 6 anchors, you have a designated center LATCH. If it only has 4, you likely don't.
    YES!!  I had no idea about this until we switched to the convertible and I consulted Poppy.  I was mortified that my car only had 4 anchors which meant her infant seat should not have been in the middle. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"