Homeschooling

Officially started K this week!

Since we are doing a 36 week school year with some time off, especially in March, I officially started w DD this Monday, and it is going so amazing! She is really intellectually curious and eager to learn, and I feel like it is isolated positive time that we are spending together. I am VERY happy with everything so far! :)

My other kids, however, are master distractors, looking for ways to keep them busy! DD2 has been sitting on my lap and participating in some of the lessons, but I really need to find something that she is both interested in and that will hold her attention for an extended period of time. DS is just like a wrecking ball running around, lol!

Re: Officially started K this week!

• Sounds like a great start!

For your other children, have you looked into activity bags?

https://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=ACTIVITY BAGS
  • Since we are doing a 36 week school year with some time off, especially in March, I officially started w DD this Monday, and it is going so amazing! She is really intellectually curious and eager to learn, and I feel like it is isolated positive time that we are spending together. I am VERY happy with everything so far! :)

My other kids, however, are master distractors, looking for ways to keep them busy! DD2 has been sitting on my lap and participating in some of the lessons, but I really need to find something that she is both interested in and that will hold her attention for an extended period of time. DS is just like a wrecking ball running around, lol!
    I have things that I only take out during school time. Crafts, paint, ect that way my two year old doesn't drive me bonkers. I also bought her own school pouch just like her sister. That way she doesn't feel like she is being left out. 

Have a happy school year! We are starting out next Monday, since I am taking time off in October to have a baby. :)

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like a great start!

For your other children, have you looked into activity bags?

https://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=ACTIVITY BAGS
    BLESS YOU FOR THIS LINK!

I absolutely need to do this!!!

• I'm in the same shoes.  My biggest challenge is keeping the younger kids from interrupting us while we're working.  I hate relying on videos, but sometimes it's the only thing that works.  The problem is that my little ones only have about a 5-10 minute attention span, so even if I set them up with an activity they will start interrupting us shortly after and it can be irritating for my oldest son.  I'm probably going to start doing math and phonics lessons, the ones where DS1 needs my full attention and more concentration, while the younger kids are taking naps.  That's the only good solution I can find.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"