August 2011 Moms
Options

Excited for the weekend!

We're going away for the weekend with both girls for the first time, leaving tomorrow .  Squee!  Going to DH's parents' cabin about an hour and a half north of us.  I can't wait!  We're going to take DD1 fishing for the first time, take some hikes at the lake, it should be great.  DH takes his summer class final exam tomorrow morning, so he'll be able to relax and enjoy some family time with us.

Know what's weird?  I am so not nervous about this trip.  At all.  Even the last trip we took in May with just DH, DD1 and I, I was stressing over every little thing - whether or not she would sleep, packing for the weather, food, etc.  I thought I'd be a mess at the thought of traveling with two, but I'm really not.  I wish I had been able to relax and enjoy the newborn stage as much with DD1 as I am with DD2.  I'm sure it doesn't hurt that DD2 is really easygoing and loves the car, pacifier, bottle - all things DD1 refused.  It's just funny how different things are this time around!

I know it's only Thursday, but is anyone else doing anything fun this weekend?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Excited for the weekend!

• Options

I just want sleep.

Instead I will be stressing out about starting my new job on Monday - getting stuff ready, figuring out what I'm going to do.

Did I even mention that on here? I can't remember who I've told and not told. I'll be teaching two nights a week, and DH will be watching the kids (!!!!). I barely have a week to prepare for this class, so I'm a bit stressed out. And of course the kids are crazy because I've been having to run around doing prep work (HR paperwork, getting the textbook, etc)... I'm ready for this week to be done so that we can get into our new routine.

So this weekend I will be stressed out...but I'm planning to take the kids to the zoo tomorrow. Yes, I'm crazy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    MIL is having a thyroidectomy tomorrow, and as such we agreed to postpone Otis' party.  The date will not be re-scheduled for awhile.  My mom's Bday is the 26th and mine is the 31st, so we're pretty pinched for time to do another Bday party.  Likely, some time in September.

Depending on how she feels, we'll visit MIL and FIL this weekend.  And, my parents still want to see the boys this weekend.  Plus, we have my parents' dogs because my parents are having hardwood installed in their house.  I can't wait to give them back.

My parents are talking about the Railroad Museum.  I'm thinking the Zoo or the Bird Sanctuary.  I want to be outside.  
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"