January 2014 Moms

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• My UO is actually none of my business being as it isn't my life, but I have a friend who came out she was pregnant on fb the day she found out she was pregnant. One day after her missed period. Within the first 9 days, she ordered a crib, bought... I think she said 8 unisex outfits, and a $300 breast pump with extra DVDs. She watched the BF DVDS in that first week. She asked if people got diaper coupons to send them to her so she could stock up, and every post was about her being pregnant and every picture so far is of things she has purchased. (No she hadn't been trying for years, etc. she had only been off BC for two months.) I'm not a total wench but she's still yet to even have her 1st u/s to make sure everything is alright. Now I'm a bitch. Lol. Coming from someone who's had many histories of people in their lives having multiple miscarriages, I just can't see her reasoning. I'm happy for her and everything, but I think she's being unrealistic about all the puppies and rainbows.
  • @mrsjenni you won't miss my announcement.. But will @peanutmuse be back from vacationings by 9/5?? Don't want anyone to miss out! Hehe

• Loading the player...
  • ccip82 said:

@MarBee1214

Perfect! Now all I need is make her a costume of blood, vernix, and bodily fluids so it is lifelike as possible.

::excuses herself to go puke::
    My bad, sorry! I am very glad I decided to leave shit out of the equation now ;)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Arrgcr said:

My UO is actually none of my business being as it isn't my life, but I have a friend who came out she was pregnant on fb the day she found out she was pregnant. One day after her missed period. Within the first 9 days, she ordered a crib, bought... I think she said 8 unisex outfits, and a $300 breast pump with extra DVDs. She watched the BF DVDS in that first week. She asked if people got diaper coupons to send them to her so she could stock up, and every post was about her being pregnant and every picture so far is of things she has purchased. (No she hadn't been trying for years, etc. she had only been off BC for two months.) I'm not a total wench but she's still yet to even have her 1st u/s to make sure everything is alright. Now I'm a bitch. Lol. Coming from someone who's had many histories of people in their lives having multiple miscarriages, I just can't see her reasoning. I'm happy for her and everything, but I think she's being unrealistic about all the puppies and rainbows.
    I don't think thats a very unpopular opinion lol...most people here would agree with you about jumping the gun...but yeah...she be crazy

Part of me side eyes people for doing this, but the other part is jealous they are so "ignorance is bliss".

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Arrgcr said:
    My UO is actually none of my business being as it isn't my life, but I have a friend who came out she was pregnant on fb the day she found out she was pregnant. One day after her missed period. Within the first 9 days, she ordered a crib, bought... I think she said 8 unisex outfits, and a $300 breast pump with extra DVDs. She watched the BF DVDS in that first week. She asked if people got diaper coupons to send them to her so she could stock up, and every post was about her being pregnant and every picture so far is of things she has purchased. (No she hadn't been trying for years, etc. she had only been off BC for two months.) I'm not a total wench but she's still yet to even have her 1st u/s to make sure everything is alright. Now I'm a bitch. Lol. Coming from someone who's had many histories of people in their lives having multiple miscarriages, I just can't see her reasoning. I'm happy for her and everything, but I think she's being unrealistic about all the puppies and rainbows.
    I don't think thats a very unpopular opinion lol...most people here would agree with you about jumping the gun...but yeah...she be crazy
    I'd agree.

A girl I grew up with that I kept in touch with on FB announced her pregnancy as such: "We just couldn't hold in the news any longer! We're pregnant and due ...!" and she hadn't even missed her period yet according to her due date. She was only 3w5d along. Way to really keep the news quiet for a while. That probably killed you, that wait to tell everyone, walking from the bathroom to the computer to post on Facebook. :\

I became a really bitter bitch after my molar pregnancy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Jessiejam said:
    I think the girls who "intro" themselves on botb forum by explaining how they get the 'rules' set by certain people are complete losers. I fucking say preggo if I goddam want to.

Nooooooo!!!! We are not jars of spaghetti sauce!!!! ;)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• litzo27litzo27 member
    edited August 2013
    mrsjenni said:
    cpm1223 said:

I hate Sophie the Giraffe. I'm sick of everyone telling me I need one. It's just an overpriced teether and I don't think it's that cute at all!

Worth. Every. Penny.
    @cpm1223 when you see how the kids go to town on that thing you'll think they add crack to the rubber. Something is up with that thing but I agree with mrsjenni (again? dang!) - it's gold. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Arrgcr said:

I was talking to my husband about it and he was like,' I thought you liked her!' I told him I did but then he said, 'just be happy for her. You're so negative about stuff like that.' He obviously wasn't there at the time my family members were going through miscariage after miscariage.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about that junk because it makes me feel like a hateful person.
  •  

My UO. The threads that contain debates, discussion, and *gasp* even snark and arguments are far superior to the "it's a..." and other puppies & rainbows threads. There are far too many boring threads lately.

And related to that, I hate when people put in comments and GIFs about being annoyed that a conversation is still ongoing. I don't put comments about how dull all of the stupid, boring posts are. I'll be damned if a stupid GIF is going to stop me from debating if I want to. There's nothing making you continue to read a thread. If I get bored with a debate or argument, I just stop reading it. All of you eyerolling GIF posters should try it. It's liberating.

If Bookshelves is a crotchety old grump, I guess that would make me a raging bitch? ;)
    My UO #1: I will never miss an opportunity to utilize the Meryl Streep .gif. (In all seriousness, if I feel that a thread is started with the legitimate point of debating a topic, I'll either participate or avoid it. The circumcision thread's OP stated in the title that she didn't want to start a debate, but clearly she did with her "I'm not circumcising, and I hope everyone will do their own research, blah blah blah" condescending BS. The corporal punishment thread was started with the intent of inciting a debate, so since I didn't feel like getting into heated discussion, I didn't comment. To me, the difference was clear - one was eye-roll/face-palm .gif worthy, and the other was not.)

I totally agree.  I also think gifs are funny, and better than many people's opinions on some debates.
    litzo27 said:
    I think nurseries that are super cute and put together look silly and fake. Like they belong in a magazine not a real house. Also I seriously dislike names above the crib, or even letters. And I will not be monogramming anything of my kids. Unless labeling their clothing counts as monogramming.
    Haha! I do all of this. DS has a custom painted canvas of his name above his crib from Small Words, and so will DD. Also, I monogram the shit out of everything. No shame. :)
    I think initials above the crib, or the name above the crib is cute as well.  A friend of my mother's made my son letters of his name made out of pillows and it was adorable!  She made them to hang on the wall, but I am a slacker and never got a chance to hang them, so they hung out in the crib since my son never slept there, ha!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• litzo27 said:
    mrsjenni said:
    cpm1223 said:

I hate Sophie the Giraffe. I'm sick of everyone telling me I need one. It's just an overpriced teether and I don't think it's that cute at all!

Worth. Every. Penny.
    @cpm1223 when you see how the kids go to town on that thing you'll think they add crack to the rubber. Something is up with that thing but I agree with mrsjenni (again? dang!) - it's gold. 
    100% straight up crack, I tasted Sophie before and my gums went numb.

sibling love  

• litzo27 said:
    mrsjenni said:
    cpm1223 said:

Worth. Every. Penny.
    Fine! If someone gives it to me then I'll graciously accept (and use) it but I won't buy one myself! :)

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• mrsjenni said:
    I personally think there should not be a single sex reveal post from 8/17 - 8/24. Everyone must announce after 8/25.  I am on vacation.

Thanks. 
    I promise I will not do a sex reveal during that time. (heehee, team Green all the way!)
    I will be posting mine ON the 17th!!!!
    @marbee1214 - Maybe I'll make an exception and look from my phone.  But only if you promise to do an "It's a..." post ;)

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• I finally have one!
    I don't understand why parents name their children Jrs. or beyond.

1. Hello... you're using the exact name your MIL picked out
    2. Then you have to figure out what to call DS since he has the same exact name as DH
    3. It's even more confusing when they're both grown men, and receiving mail, etc.
    4. Completely unoriginal and takes the fun out of baby naming (which I obsess over/love)

I know there are some circumstances where it's okay, or if you're honoring a late father or something. Don't understand the appeal to most who do. 
    My DH is the 4th, and my FIL got mad because we wouldn't make DS the 5th. :-O  Thankfully DH was on board with not using the 5th.

I don't have my own UO today. Lame.  But - I do like cutesy nurseries and personalization/monograms.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Jessiejam said:
    Jessiejam said:
    I think the girls who "intro" themselves on botb forum by explaining how they get the 'rules' set by certain people are complete losers. I fucking say preggo if I goddam want to.

Nooooooo!!!! We are not jars of spaghetti sauce!!!! ;)

Is that a brand of spaghetti sauce!? Lol I didn't know that! Im a dolmio girl! Mmmmmmm spaghetti sauce.....

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• litzo27 said:
    I think nurseries that are super cute and put together look silly and fake. Like they belong in a magazine not a real house. Also I seriously dislike names above the crib, or even letters. And I will not be monogramming anything of my kids. Unless labeling their clothing counts as monogramming.
    Haha! I do all of this. DS has a custom painted canvas of his name above his crib from Small Words, and so will DD. Also, I monogram the shit out of everything. No shame. :)
    Awesome!!! Which means my UO is truly an UO - not a PO weakly trying to pass off as belonging to this thread.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cpm1223 said:

My son never liked his.  I got one at my shower and everyone told me how great it was - but for me it was useless.  My minature daschund however would LOVE to get his paws on it (I'm saving it in case LO2 likes it).

Also got a bumbo - everyone told me how great that was as well - DS was in it for one picture.  He then (at three months) arched his way out of it - didn't use it after that..

The jolly-jumper however was worth its weight in gold... at least for my DS1.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ccip82 said:

I am on a roll today.

This is not something I would clutch my pearls over, but I have a tendency to side eye parents whose children are out in public wearing pajamas if it is not 1. nighttime or 2. a infant in a sleep n play.

FTR, there has been many days that DD has stayed in her pjs for most of the day. However, those are days when we do not leave the house. When we leave the house, we all get dressed.

@ccip82 - I agree with this & to branch off of it, I hate seeing grown adults (women mostly) out & about in their VS Pink sweat pants, messy hair, & slippers.  It just says "Lazy" to me.

My 2 December boys

• Jen4033 said:

ccip82 said:

I am on a roll today.

This is not something I would clutch my pearls over, but I have a tendency to side eye parents whose children are out in public wearing pajamas if it is not 1. nighttime or 2. a infant in a sleep n play.

FTR, there has been many days that DD has stayed in her pjs for most of the day. However, those are days when we do not leave the house. When we leave the house, we all get dressed.

@ccip82 - I agree with this & to branch off of it, I hate seeing grown adults (women mostly) out & about in their VS Pink sweat pants, messy hair, & slippers.  It just says "Lazy" to me.

I guess I'm lazy then. Though I would never rock slippers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

• BMReid said:
    I checked to see if this had started when I woke up, but then I fell back asleep and now it's page 3! My UO: I hate peanut butter. I'm not allergic-- I just think it's disgusting. Smell, taste, texture. Yuck. People kept saying "I'm going to laugh when you start craving it!" NOPE. Baby don't want that shit either.* *not proper, but sometimes the redneck comes out.

You are dead to me.

• ccip82 said:

I am on a roll today.

I guess I'm lazy then. Though I would never rock slippers.
    I think it's acceptable if you're racing out to the grocery store or something like that but I definitely side eye people who think a velour track suit is "dressing up". 
  • It doesn't really bother me when someone touches my stomach.  That being said, I'm a FTM and it's only happened a handful of times so if you check back in 5 months, I may have started throwing elbows.

• Jen4033 said:
    ccip82 said:

I am on a roll today.

I agree, but it has to be a combination of all three. Although do yoga pants count? I do wear them everywhere.

The VS sweat pants made me think of another UO: I hate, hate, hate pants with writing scrolled across the ass. My ass may be juicy, but I do not need writing to prove it ;)

sibling love  

• BuckeyeMommy4BuckeyeMommy4 member
    edited August 2013
    This is a spin off from an UO on the Dec13 board, but I couldn't think of anything else.

I hate the debate between SAHMs and working moms. Unless you have done both, I think you have no idea what the differences are. There are pros and cons to both and so many ways in which one or the other is more difficult.

ETA autocorrect fix

• This is a spin off from an UO on the Dec13 board, but I couldn't think of anything else. I hate the debate between SAHMs and working moms. Unless you have done both, I think you have no idea what the differences are. There are pros and cons to both and so many ways in which one or the other is more difficult. ETA autocorrect fix

I agree with the bolded, but I am certainly capable of knowing and understanding the differences between the two jobs without having done both of them.

edited August 2013

This is a spin off from an UO on the Dec13 board, but I couldn't think of anything else. I hate the debate between SAHMs and working moms. Unless you have done both, I think you have no idea what the differences are. There are pros and cons to both and so many ways in which one or the other is more difficult. ETA autocorrect fix
    I agree with the bolded, but I am certainly capable of knowing and understanding the differences between the two jobs without having done both of them.

I probably should have worded that differently. People may know the differences, but I don't think they necessarily know how hard one or the other may actually be without doing it.
    ETA I'm not sure why the quote tree is screwed up.

• My UO- If you have child that is old enough to walk out in public- put shoes on them. I have been so many places where there are toddlers without shoes and socks on walking around on the dirty floors of public areas. I understand if the child is to young to walk and is being carried, in a stroller, or in a baby carrier etc. but I totally side eye parents that let children walk through a grocery store or a mall without shoes on.
  • mrsjennimrsjenni member
    edited August 2013
    My work makes fun of me constantly about having my 4th kid.  For example, yesterday in our staff meeting we were talking about updating our bios for our waiting room for our incoming students before the fall term starts (I work as an advisor at a large university) and my one coworker said "Yeah, the last time they were updated, Jenn only had 2 kids!" which was then followed by my other coworker saying "Yeah, Jenn what kid IS this for you??"

My UO? I don't care at ALL. I know it would probably bother a lot of people, but I usually just join in. 

Yesterday I said "Well, I personally think I should just draw a line on my bio that says 'Jenn has ____ kids' so that we don't have to update every year... I can just write it in!" 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• BMReid said:
    I checked to see if this had started when I woke up, but then I fell back asleep and now it's page 3! My UO: I hate peanut butter. I'm not allergic-- I just think it's disgusting. Smell, taste, texture. Yuck. People kept saying "I'm going to laugh when you start craving it!" NOPE. Baby don't want that shit either.* *not proper, but sometimes the redneck comes out.

I also do not like peanut butter, however I do love Reeses Peices and Peanut butter M&M's. 

• Granted my AS is next week and we'll find out the sex then but just from looking at baby stuff I'm so over little boy stuff with monkeys on it.  Maybe this is because a good friend did her nursery in a monkey theme and she took it to the "I might puke if I see another" level.
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

• DishyloDishylo member
    edited August 2013
    I'm sure this will be an UO, especially for current Mama's so apologies in advance but......I get so irritated when out in public (especially at a restaurant) and somebody's kid starts to cry and then scream and then the blood curdling scream and they do nothing.

I get not molly-coddling your kid, I do.  But if you're out in public, don't let them cry it out in the hopes they'll stop because you are not the only one affected by it.  A few minutes sure, but anything over 5minutes is too much for me.  DH and I left a pub in the UK because after 30 minutes of a kid crying/screaming and the parents doing nothing about it, we couldn't handle it any more. 

Take your kid and remove them from the situation.  Try to calm them down and if that works, come back....

Edit - I didn't finish before pressing post.  Damn baby brain
    :|
  • Fine. I was trying to avoid the 'it's a...' posts that everyone was complaining about. :(

• Arrgcr said:

I'd agree.

That probably killed you, that wait to tell everyone, walking from the bathroom to the computer to post on Facebook. :\

hahaha. That was funny. I laughed and woke up DS1.

My brother and SIL announced to everybody that they were pregnant at my baby shower (douchey, I know.) I went home and did the math and they were maaaybe 5 weeks pregnant (from the due date she got by her last period.) They announced on facebook within the next week and a half and I was so worried something would happen. Then she went in early for her ultrasound because she had some spotting and they couldn't find a heartbeat. Well, she wasn't far enough along to get the heartbeat,so when they told everybody at my shower, she wasn't even pregnant. Oops. When they told us this, we were all really confused and worried something would happen to the baby. We didn't say anything though. Thankfully, my nephew is here and very healthy. But I was pretty worried
    for them until she was about 13 weeks. I don't get the rush to tell anyone but your parents before the 2nd trimester.

Oh no. No. No no no... You NEVER EVER 'come out' at someone else's shower!!! I'm sorry if that's pretty much all I got out of that... Maybe its because I'm from the south?! Girl woulda been shunned!!! I didn't even go to a shower at church the other day because I'm showing and I was scared some one would bring it up and I wouldn't lie. I don't want to be side eyed by people thinking I came to a baby shower to come out at church! I've been sitting at the back of the pew and running out first because I'm still not comfortable letting everyone know yet.
  • This is a spin off from an UO on the Dec13 board, but I couldn't think of anything else. I hate the debate between SAHMs and working moms. Unless you have done both, I think you have no idea what the differences are. There are pros and cons to both and so many ways in which one or the other is more difficult. ETA autocorrect fix

I agree. Being at home ALL DAY with the kids is really hard emotionally but I bet so is leaving to go to work. I don't like when people say "Oh being a stay at home mom/work at home mom/work outside the home mom is SO much harder." IT'S ALL HARD!
    Some mornings it's really easy for me to leave when she is being a pill. See ya later honey! Mama is walking out!

• ccip82 said:
    Jen4033 said:
    ccip82 said:

I am on a roll today.

I agree, but it has to be a combination of all three. Although do yoga pants count? I do wear them everywhere.

The VS sweat pants made me think of another UO: I hate, hate, hate pants with writing scrolled across the ass. My ass may be juicy, but I do not need writing to prove it ;)

Yes - that is what I was meaning... the women who are in all 3.  Yoga pants only count if you are also rockin the messy, thrown up, greasy ponytail and the slippers too.

We used to live in a college town so the girls often looked this way on their Sat or Sunday morning grocery trips. You'd see roommates both dressed like this. You KNOW they had a good time the night before. LOL  I'm sorry, but if you cannot even take a shower, you should not be out driving & shopping.

My 2 December boys

edited August 2013
    mrsjenni said:

This is a spin off from an UO on the Dec13 board, but I couldn't think of anything else. I hate the debate between SAHMs and working moms. Unless you have done both, I think you have no idea what the differences are. There are pros and cons to both and so many ways in which one or the other is more difficult. ETA autocorrect fix
    I agree. Being at home ALL DAY with the kids is really hard emotionally but I bet so is leaving to go to work. I don't like when people say "Oh being a stay at home mom/work at home mom/work outside the home mom is SO much harder." IT'S ALL HARD!
    Some mornings it's really easy for me to leave when she is being a pill. See ya later honey! Mama is walking out!

"Peace out, bishes!... Oh, I mean, I love you little darlings.  Be good." :::bwahahaha:::

No kidding! I was just saying, when #4 gets here, I'm going to hire a babysitter once a week for my sanity.

ETA Mother Effing quote trees.

• benjaminsmommy16, yes definitely. I know what you were saying, I was just being facetious. What gets me as a working mom is hearing the cute stories and things she says and not being there to witness it. Because she is bright and funny and a joy to be around. She is clever and legitimately makes me laugh. So when I miss the moments that crack the teachers up enough to make sure they tell me about it, that is a tough part of being a working mom.

• wedbliss5 said:
    BMReid said:

I also do not like peanut butter, however I do love Reeses Peices and Peanut butter M&M's. 

Am I missing something here? 

hates peanut butter -- loves peanut butter-containting candies 

:-?
    I have lots of random food issues, I might be crazy, I admit it.  I could NEVER eat a PBJ or even a PB and anything sandwich.  I ate a handful of peanuts and craisins one day and spit it out because it tasted too much like peanut butter and jelly.  I wonder if the peanut butter in the candies is a little sweeter???  Who knows.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"