Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

formula

my son is almost 8 months old and currently uses similac sensitive. just wondering if anyone has used a name brand and switched to a store brand. and wondering what the difference was or if it will cause it anything. 

Re: formula

• Options
    Yeah that's the kind I was thinking about switching to. I'm just nervous that it's going to mess him up! But im glad to know that someone has done it and had no issues
  • Options
    Formula all has to meet the same nutritional and safety requirements so it's perfectly safe and healthy to switch.  However, no two formulas are identical and they vary in the filler or binding agents.  Some kids have no issues at all and easily switch from one to another but some kids are more sensitive.  It's not that there's anything wrong with the filler in that formula but the change can sometimes cause gas, constipation, etc.  When we switched DS one we mixed the two formulas together, increasing the new one over the course of a few days so that his stomach could get used to it.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My LO was on Enfamil Gentlease, we switched to the Up & Up brand from Target and honestly, he's not really a fan of it. We are switching back to Enfamil. I know lots of people who have switched and the baby didn't really notice, mine just must be picky or something lol.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"