August 2011 Moms
Options

Sick baby

I have a sick baby.  Actually, we're all sick.  And I'm mad about it. 

We had a get together last Friday at my ILs house with some of DH's family that was in town.  Apparently, upon walking into the house, his cousin and wife announced that they were sorry, but their six month old had a cold.  We weren't there yet, so didn't hear this.  When we got to my ILs, I invited their family to come swimming the following day at my parents' house.  On Saturday when we got to my parents, the mom told me they had been at the doctor that morning because the baby had a fever.  I wanted to be like, wth, why are you bringing her around all these people all weekend??

Now, me, DD1, DD2, DH, MIL & FIL are all sick with a cold.  I just talked to my mom, and no one at their house is sick...yet.

I was a real germ freak with DD1, and I kept her away from other kids as much as possible for a really long time. And I'm trying to be less uptight about things this time around.  But come on, I would have expected they would have at least given us a warning so we had the option to choose not to bring our 7 week old baby around their sick kid(s).  Besides all the other people they infected this weekend. 

That's, all, just needed to complain.  Hoping the baby doesn't get worse.  I can handle DH and DD and I being sick, but I've never had a sick baby before.  Poor thing :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Sick baby

• Options
    Boooo! Not cool at all. I hope you all feel better soon
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I can't believe they didn't let you know or they thought it was okay to have their sick child around your LO.

I hope you all get through it quickly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm with you. Lincoln (literally) did not leave the house until he was immunized and not at all at Christmas time. Outings were limited during the winter as well as a precaution. I think it is proper to warn people and bow out if your kid is a cootie. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    I would be upset too. If Logan is sick we do not go to peoples home and try to spread it. I think it is common courtesy to let someone know if they or their LO is sick.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Hey assholes, let me decide if I wanna expose my kids to your germs.
  • Options
    Ugh I'm so sorry. Dd2 also has a cold. It's so pathetic. I know she got it at playgroup but I'm not sure from whose kid. Bitches.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who would be mad about this.  The cousins with the sick kid ALWAYS have one that's sick.  I mean all.the.time. So they just think having sick kids is normal and that WE are the weird ones for trying to avoid illness.  Go figure. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"