Oregon Babies

Newly pregnant and unsure about which practice to go with!

Hi all!

I just found out that I am expecting but am not sure which practice I would like to so my prenatal care with.
While trying to TTC, my made preconception visits with a midwife at OHSU and NW women's clinic.

OHSU seems to accommodate natural births in every way I could hope for but the midwife I met didn't give me warm fuzzies. The midwife I met with at NW women's clinic was an absolute doll! She was so warm and sunny and exactly what I would love in the person looking over my pregnancy. Buut - she only delivers out of St Vincent which I've heard blah reviews about, not to mention a high c-section rate.

Any advice on what I should do or any recommendation on midwives at OHSU?

Re: Newly pregnant and unsure about which practice to go with!

• I had my second with Linda Glenn. She is the lead MW for OHSU and hard to get an appointment with (well worth it IMO). We had a homebirth with her practice - Vivante Midwifery.

GL!
  • So many of the midwives at OHSU are amazing. So far i have really liked both Maggie Shaw and Michelle Megregian. If you didn't click with whoever you saw last, just schedule with a different midwife for your next appt. They have a large group and you have lots of time to try out a few others.
  • Loading the player...
  • aquasohoaquasoho member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks so much! I met with Michelle lechance for a preconception appt and she wasn't horrible but I didn't def didn't click. I keep forgetting you rotate midwives for appts at OHSU. I think OHSU is the best bet, minus that horrible road to get up to get up to it. Lol
  • aquasohoaquasoho member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks your you advice, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"